Home > 게시판 > 세미나
고체전자구조계산 연구실에서 홍콩과기원 물리학과의 조교붕 교수님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 08. 19(Mon) 14:00
○ Place: 제1과학관 e+첨단강의실(31214호)
○ Speaker: 조 규 붕 교수님 (물리학과, 홍콩과기원)
○ Title: Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator
○ Abstract: An atomic quantum simulator with ultracold atoms enables us to precisely design, characterize and understand various quantum materials on demand. In this talk, I will introduce the recent progress on the experimental realization of topological matter using ultracold atoms, and discuss a few pedagogical topological models. In particular, I will demonstrate two sets of experiments recently performed at HKUST. First, I will describe the observation of symmetry-protected topological (SPT) phases realized in 1D optical lattices . The observed SPT phase is beyond the Altland-Zirnbauer ten-fold classification, and protected by mirror and a generalized chiral symmetry that can be manipulated in an optical lattice with Raman-induced spin-orbit coupling, with its topology being detected by the spin polarization of Bloch states at highly symmetric points of the Brillouin zone. Secondly, I will discuss the realization of 3D topological band by generalizing the spin-orbit coupling realized in 1D . Despite the significant progresses, the observation of topological band beyond 2D has remained challenging due to the experimental complexity. We developed a novel way to probe 3D band structure in the presence of emergent magnetic group symmetry. This symmetry allows for effectively reconstructing the 3D topological band from a series of measurements of integrated spin textures. As a result, we demonstrate that 3D topological band structure with gapless nodal-lines are realized in simple optical lattice potentials with spin-orbit coupling. Interestingly, the spin dynamics after the quantum quench from the trivial to topological band reflects the intrinsic band topology of the post-quench Hamiltonian, which will be discussed in details for both 1D  and 3D  topological bands.
 Bo Song, Long Zhang, Chengdong He, Ting Fung Jeffrey Poon, Elnur Hajiyev, Shanchao Zhang, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of symmetry-protected topological band with ultracold fermions” Science Advances 4, eaao4748 (2018)
 Bo Song, Chengdong He, Sen Niu, Long Zhang, Zejian Ren, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of nodal-line semimetal with ultracold fermions in an optical lattice”
Nature Physics, in press (2019).
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||583698|
|612||<12/6(Fri.)>topological phase transitions in Kitaev quantum spin liquids.||2019.12.04||18091|
|611||<Dec.4(Wed.)>2D materials based metasurfaces & THz near-field spectroscopy||2019.11.27||20657|
|610||<Nov.20(Wed.)>At the End of Space and Time: Imaging the Black Hole in M 87||2019.11.14||20021|
|609||<Nov.13(Wed.)>The Science of Quark-Gluon Plasma||2019.11.06||19569|
|608||<Oct.30(Wed.)> 왼손과 오른손, 기본 입자와 끈||2019.10.24||20952|
|607||<10/22(Tue.)>To p or not to p? – 17O NMR of Sr2RuO4 under strain||2019.10.17||23550|
|606||<Oct.16(Wed.)> 솟구치는 초고에너지 입자의 미스테리||2019.10.10||25471|
|605||<10/1(Tue.) Mini-Workshop on BSM Physics with Neutrino Detectors||2019.09.30||21694|
|604||<Oct.2(Wed.)> Fundamental physics with high-energy atmospheric and cosmic neutrinos today and in the future||2019.09.26||24004|
|603||<9/26(Thu.) 4:30 pm ~ > Neutrino Physics and Dark Matter search in IBS||2019.09.24||23637|
|602||<9/24(Tue) 4:00 pm ~ > Structure Formation with Two Periods of Inflation: Beyond plain LCDM||2019.09.17||22736|
|601||<Sept.18(Wed.)> Rare-earth: versatility and capability||2019.09.16||25259|
|600||<9/17(Tue) 4:00 pm ~ >Dynamics of multiple-Q spin textures and its effect on electronic state||2019.09.10||25335|
|599||<Sept.11(Wed.)> Fantastic physics and materials, how to find them?||2019.09.06||27093|
|598||<9/2(Mon) 15:00 ~ >Status of the KM3NeT Deep Sea Neutrino Telescope||2019.08.26||25027|
|597||<8/30(Fri) 16:00 ~ >Structures of light neutron-rich nuclei, 17,19C||2019.08.22||23893|
|596||<8/26(Mon) 14:00 ~ >Constructing viable models of bouncing scenarios||2019.08.20||24175|
|595||<8/19(Mon) 13:30 ~ >Detection of cosmic rays in the PeV to EeV energy range||2019.08.16||24360|
|594||<8/14(Wed.)>3D-strain induced superconductivity in La2CuO4+δ using a simple vertically aligned nanocomposite approach||2019.08.13||25991|
|»||<8/19(Mon) 14:00 ~ >Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator||2019.07.26||25730|