Home > 게시판 > 세미나
고체전자구조계산 연구실에서 홍콩과기원 물리학과의 조교붕 교수님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 08. 19(Mon) 14:00
○ Place: 제1과학관 e+첨단강의실(31214호)
○ Speaker: 조 규 붕 교수님 (물리학과, 홍콩과기원)
○ Title: Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator
○ Abstract: An atomic quantum simulator with ultracold atoms enables us to precisely design, characterize and understand various quantum materials on demand. In this talk, I will introduce the recent progress on the experimental realization of topological matter using ultracold atoms, and discuss a few pedagogical topological models. In particular, I will demonstrate two sets of experiments recently performed at HKUST. First, I will describe the observation of symmetry-protected topological (SPT) phases realized in 1D optical lattices . The observed SPT phase is beyond the Altland-Zirnbauer ten-fold classification, and protected by mirror and a generalized chiral symmetry that can be manipulated in an optical lattice with Raman-induced spin-orbit coupling, with its topology being detected by the spin polarization of Bloch states at highly symmetric points of the Brillouin zone. Secondly, I will discuss the realization of 3D topological band by generalizing the spin-orbit coupling realized in 1D . Despite the significant progresses, the observation of topological band beyond 2D has remained challenging due to the experimental complexity. We developed a novel way to probe 3D band structure in the presence of emergent magnetic group symmetry. This symmetry allows for effectively reconstructing the 3D topological band from a series of measurements of integrated spin textures. As a result, we demonstrate that 3D topological band structure with gapless nodal-lines are realized in simple optical lattice potentials with spin-orbit coupling. Interestingly, the spin dynamics after the quantum quench from the trivial to topological band reflects the intrinsic band topology of the post-quench Hamiltonian, which will be discussed in details for both 1D  and 3D  topological bands.
 Bo Song, Long Zhang, Chengdong He, Ting Fung Jeffrey Poon, Elnur Hajiyev, Shanchao Zhang, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of symmetry-protected topological band with ultracold fermions” Science Advances 4, eaao4748 (2018)
 Bo Song, Chengdong He, Sen Niu, Long Zhang, Zejian Ren, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of nodal-line semimetal with ultracold fermions in an optical lattice”
Nature Physics, in press (2019).
|공지||2020학년도 2학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2020.07.16||1009|
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||531888|
|39||<Mar.27(Wed.)> Ultrafast Movie Maker for Photo-induced Dynamics: Ultrafast Electron Microscope||2019.03.20||27096|
|38||<April.3(Wed.)> 전자구조계산을 이용한 새로운 양자물질 연구||2019.03.27||24463|
|37||<April.10(Wed.)> 자성 반데르발스 물질 발견과 전망(Discovery and Perspective of magnetic van der Waals materials)||2019.04.04||23896|
|36||<April.17(Wed.)> Emerging Artificial Synapse for Learning- and Energy-Efficient Neuromorphic System||2019.04.11||24201|
|35||<May.1(Wed.)> Introduction of AMS Application||2019.04.24||24678|
|34||<May.8(Wed.)> Genesis of Matter||2019.05.01||24185|
|33||<5/16(Thu.) 14:00 ~ >The Chiral anomaly without Landau levels||2019.05.08||22227|
|32||<May.15(Wed.)> Three-body problems and three-body forces in Classic and Quantum Systems||2019.05.08||24265|
|31||<May.22(Wed.)> Introduction to exotic quantum states in solids||2019.05.15||24289|
|30||<June.5(Wed.)> Fluid gravity duality||2019.05.29||24451|
|29||<June.12(Wed.)> Ribocomputing: Cellular Logic Computation using RNA Devices||2019.06.07||25059|
|28||2019학년도 2학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2019.07.17||379533|
|»||<8/19(Mon) 14:00 ~ >Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator||2019.07.26||22514|
|26||<8/14(Wed.)>3D-strain induced superconductivity in La2CuO4+δ using a simple vertically aligned nanocomposite approach||2019.08.13||21892|
|25||<8/19(Mon) 13:30 ~ >Detection of cosmic rays in the PeV to EeV energy range||2019.08.16||21407|
|24||<8/26(Mon) 14:00 ~ >Constructing viable models of bouncing scenarios||2019.08.20||21208|
|23||<8/30(Fri) 16:00 ~ >Structures of light neutron-rich nuclei, 17,19C||2019.08.22||21073|
|22||<9/2(Mon) 15:00 ~ >Status of the KM3NeT Deep Sea Neutrino Telescope||2019.08.26||20825|
|21||<Sept.11(Wed.)> Fantastic physics and materials, how to find them?||2019.09.06||22331|
|20||<9/17(Tue) 4:00 pm ~ >Dynamics of multiple-Q spin textures and its effect on electronic state||2019.09.10||20456|