Home > 게시판 > 세미나
고체전자구조계산 연구실에서 홍콩과기원 물리학과의 조교붕 교수님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 08. 19(Mon) 14:00
○ Place: 제1과학관 e+첨단강의실(31214호)
○ Speaker: 조 규 붕 교수님 (물리학과, 홍콩과기원)
○ Title: Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator
○ Abstract: An atomic quantum simulator with ultracold atoms enables us to precisely design, characterize and understand various quantum materials on demand. In this talk, I will introduce the recent progress on the experimental realization of topological matter using ultracold atoms, and discuss a few pedagogical topological models. In particular, I will demonstrate two sets of experiments recently performed at HKUST. First, I will describe the observation of symmetry-protected topological (SPT) phases realized in 1D optical lattices . The observed SPT phase is beyond the Altland-Zirnbauer ten-fold classification, and protected by mirror and a generalized chiral symmetry that can be manipulated in an optical lattice with Raman-induced spin-orbit coupling, with its topology being detected by the spin polarization of Bloch states at highly symmetric points of the Brillouin zone. Secondly, I will discuss the realization of 3D topological band by generalizing the spin-orbit coupling realized in 1D . Despite the significant progresses, the observation of topological band beyond 2D has remained challenging due to the experimental complexity. We developed a novel way to probe 3D band structure in the presence of emergent magnetic group symmetry. This symmetry allows for effectively reconstructing the 3D topological band from a series of measurements of integrated spin textures. As a result, we demonstrate that 3D topological band structure with gapless nodal-lines are realized in simple optical lattice potentials with spin-orbit coupling. Interestingly, the spin dynamics after the quantum quench from the trivial to topological band reflects the intrinsic band topology of the post-quench Hamiltonian, which will be discussed in details for both 1D  and 3D  topological bands.
 Bo Song, Long Zhang, Chengdong He, Ting Fung Jeffrey Poon, Elnur Hajiyev, Shanchao Zhang, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of symmetry-protected topological band with ultracold fermions” Science Advances 4, eaao4748 (2018)
 Bo Song, Chengdong He, Sen Niu, Long Zhang, Zejian Ren, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of nodal-line semimetal with ultracold fermions in an optical lattice”
Nature Physics, in press (2019).
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1016510|
|682||2022학년도 2학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2022.06.22||92|
|681||<July 8(Fri.)>Intertwined magnetism and charge density wave in a kagome metal||2022.06.03||362|
|680||<May 18(Wed.)>Magnetoresistance and Hall effects of Fe5Sn3 single crystals||2022.05.12||708|
|679||<May. 10(Tue.)>Longitudinal magnon decay in the quasi-two-dimensional antiferromagnet in Ba2FeSi2O7||2022.05.09||792|
|678||<Apr. 27(Wed.)> I) A few first questions by me. II) ‘Topotactic resistance switching RAM’의 최초 발견||2022.04.20||805|
|677||<May 11(Wed.)>Key Nuclear Experimental Studies to Find the Origin of Elements||2022.05.04||813|
|676||<May 4(Wed.)>Recent progress in the study of topological phases of matter||2022.04.27||818|
|675||<Apr. 20(Wed.)> 반도체 공정용 플라즈마 물리||2022.04.14||903|
|674||<May. 3(Tue.)>Anomalous Hall signatures of nonsymmorphic nodal lines in the doped chromium chalcospinel CuCr2Se4||2022.04.19||969|
|673||<Mar. 30(Wed.)> Two-dimensional Semiconductors and their applications||2022.03.23||1234|
|672||<Mar. 16(Wed.)> 현세대/차세대 이차전지 기술 동향 및 전망||2022.03.02||1261|
|671||<Apr. 6(Wed.)> Holographic Flat Panel Displays||2022.03.30||1311|
|670||<Mar. 2(Wed.)>Introduction to high-energy nuclear physics||2022.02.24||1325|
|669||<Jan. 27(Thu.)>Emulating twisted double bilayer graphene with a multiorbital optical lattice||2022.01.18||1769|
|668||<Mar. 23(Wed.)> Next-generation artificial intelligence devices and physics||2022.03.16||2358|
|667||<Nov. 17(Wed.)>펜로즈의 삼각형과 블랙홀 - 부분과 전체||2021.11.11||3291|
|666||<Sep. 15(Wed.)> 강화학습 - 시행착오를 통해 배워나가는 인공지능||2021.09.08||4332|
|665||<Nov. 29(Mon.)>Exploring light-matter interactions at atomic scale using electron microscopy||2021.11.22||4772|
|664||<Oct. 6(Wed.)> 블랙홀에서 쌍꺼풀수술까지||2021.09.29||5163|
|663||<Nov. 10(Wed.)>Optical Spectroscopy of 2-Dimensional Materials||2021.11.03||5234|