Home > 게시판 > 세미나
위상양자물성 연구실에서 National High Magnetic Field Laboratory의 이경민 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
온-오프 혼합으로 진행되는 세미나입니다.
○ Title: Frustration-induced Athermal Behaviors: Hilbert Space Fragmentation and Quantum Many-Body Scars
○ Speaker: 이 경 민 박사님 (National High Magnetic Field Laboratory)
○ Date/time: 2021. 6. 1 (Tue.) 16:30
○ 온라인 참여방법: https://meet64.webex.com/meet/pr1829909900
○ Place: Natural Science 1, Room No. 31317
○ Abstract: Although most interacting quantum systems thermalize locally on short time scales independent of initial conditions, recent developments have shown that this is not always the case: Athermal behaviors have been observed in disordered systems, and more recently, evidence for athermal eigenstates, known as quantum many-body scars, has emerged in disorder-free models with constrained dynamics. In this talk, I will demonstrate that geometric frustration provides a pathway to athermal behaviors without disorder. In a clean system, local constraints can lead to a fragmented Hilbert space where certain initial states fail to reach the thermal steady state. Such fragmentation naturally arises in many frustrated systems with low-energy “ice manifolds” which gives rise to a broad range of relaxation times for different initial states. Focusing on the highly frustrated kagome lattice, I will discuss the phenomenology of fragmentation in two spin-1/2 Hamiltonians with simple two-body interactions: the Balents-Fisher-Girvin model (easy-axis regime), and the three-coloring model (easy-plane regime), both with constrained Hilbert spaces. Furthermore, I will discuss the existence of quantum many-body scar eigenstates in modified three-coloring models with robust quantum revivals, which can be generalized to other lattices.
|공지||2022학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2022.01.10||2224|
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||813500|
|648||<June 30(Wed.)>Mapping of magnetic anisotropy for van der Waals materials||2021.06.25||5328|
|647||<June 23(Wed.)>Valley Polarization and Exciton Hall Effect in Transition Metal Dichalcogenides||2021.06.22||6952|
|646||<June 10(Thu.)>Oxide electronics utilizing spin-orbit coupling||2021.05.31||8553|
|»||<June 01(Tue.)>Frustration-induced Athermal Behaviors: Hilbert Space Fragmentation and Quantum Many-Body Scars||2021.05.24||8905|
|644||<May 12(Wed.)> Nanomechanical oscillators for quantum technology||2021.05.06||7609|
|643||<May 04(Tue.)>Flat bands and the geometry of Bloch wave function||2021.04.27||24601|
|642||<April 28(Wed.)> 손에 잡히는 AI||2021.04.21||6958|
|641||<April 21(Wed.)> 우주배경복사 편광 관측 - 남극점 기지 바이셉/켁 어레이(BICEP/Keck Array) 망원경||2021.04.12||6215|
|640||<April 7(Wed.)> Mid-scale facilities for condensed matter research: high magnetic field and neutron scattering||2021.03.31||11839|
|639||<Mar.31(Wed.)> Nonlinear nanophotonics using on-chip microring resonator||2021.03.25||15838|
|638||<Mar.24(Wed.)> A tale of quantum magnets||2021.03.18||17751|
|637||<Mar.17(Wed.)> Glue spectrum for superconductivity obtained via optical spectroscopy||2021.03.10||16702|
|636||<Mar.10(Wed.)> Dark matter searches in neutrino detectors||2021.03.04||20384|
|635||<Mar.3(Wed.)>Scaling laws in Natural Language Processing||2021.02.25||49956|
|634||<Feb.18(Thu.)> Hund's metallicity in the vicinity of a Van Hove singularity / Correlated topological phases in strongly correlated heterostructures||2021.02.16||22491|
|633||<Jan.28(Thu.)>X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy Study of Amorphous Oxide Thin Films||2021.01.27||13244|
|632||2021학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2021.01.13||107116|
|631||<Jan.14(Thu.)>Oxygen sponge effects for epitaxial manganite thin film design||2021.01.11||30110|
|630||<Dec.9(Wed.)>한국형 암흑물질 실험||2020.12.02||11386|
|629||<Dec.2(Wed.)>The era of gravitational waves, and the science that makes it possible||2020.11.25||22872|