logo

korean english

About

Home > About > History

History

2013
The Department was selected for the 3rd stage Brain Korea 21 Project.
2012
The Department was evaluated as the best among all the Physics Programs of BK21
2011
Ranked as No. 1 in Physics Department Evaluated by Joongang Daily.
2009
The Department was evaluated as the best among all the Physics Programs of BK21.
2008
The Department was evaluated as the First place among all the BK21 Physics Programs.
2006
The Department hosted the Basic Atomic Energy Research Institute supported by the Ministry of Science and Technology.
2006
The Department was selected for the 2nd stage Brain Korea 21 Project.
2005
Prof. Young Hee Lee was awarded as a Star Faculty Member by the Ministry of Education.
2005
Prof. Young Hee Lee was awarded as a Star Faculty Member by the Ministry of Education.
2005
The Department was evaluated as the best among all the Physics Programs of the Brain Korea 21.
2004
The Department hosted the Korean Physical Society Meeting to celebrate the 50th Anniversary.
2001
The Department hosted the Science Research Center (SRC) supported by the Ministry of Education. (CNNC headed by Prof. Chong Yun Park)
2000
The Department was selected by the University as the Focused Unit for Special Support.
1999
The Department was selected for the Project of "Brain Korea 21" supported by the Ministry of Education.
1996
The Department was selected for the Project of "Brain Korea 21" supported by the Ministry of Education.
1996
Samsung Group joined the University on the Board of Trustees.
1992
The Department was evaluated as one of the best Physics Departments by the Korean Council for University Education (KCUE).
1981
The Department moved from Seoul to the Natural Sciences Campus in Suwon.
1980
The College of Natural Science was established.
1969
The Department of Astrophysics was merged to the Department of Physics.
1964
The Department of Astrophysics was established.
1962
Construction of the Sungkyun Observatory with a 16“ telescope was completed.
1960
Construction of the Second Science Bldg was completed.
1958
Graduate Program for Master's degrees was established.
1956
The Teacher Education Program Started.
1954
The Department of Physics was established in the College of Liberal Arts.
1946
The Sungkyunkwan University was re-established as a modern university.