Home > 게시판 > 세미나
위상양자물성 연구실에서 National High Magnetic Field Laboratory의 이경민 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
온-오프 혼합으로 진행되는 세미나입니다.
○ Title: Frustration-induced Athermal Behaviors: Hilbert Space Fragmentation and Quantum Many-Body Scars
○ Speaker: 이 경 민 박사님 (National High Magnetic Field Laboratory)
○ Date/time: 2021. 6. 1 (Tue.) 16:30
○ 온라인 참여방법: https://meet64.webex.com/meet/pr1829909900
○ Place: Natural Science 1, Room No. 31317
○ Abstract: Although most interacting quantum systems thermalize locally on short time scales independent of initial conditions, recent developments have shown that this is not always the case: Athermal behaviors have been observed in disordered systems, and more recently, evidence for athermal eigenstates, known as quantum many-body scars, has emerged in disorder-free models with constrained dynamics. In this talk, I will demonstrate that geometric frustration provides a pathway to athermal behaviors without disorder. In a clean system, local constraints can lead to a fragmented Hilbert space where certain initial states fail to reach the thermal steady state. Such fragmentation naturally arises in many frustrated systems with low-energy “ice manifolds” which gives rise to a broad range of relaxation times for different initial states. Focusing on the highly frustrated kagome lattice, I will discuss the phenomenology of fragmentation in two spin-1/2 Hamiltonians with simple two-body interactions: the Balents-Fisher-Girvin model (easy-axis regime), and the three-coloring model (easy-plane regime), both with constrained Hilbert spaces. Furthermore, I will discuss the existence of quantum many-body scar eigenstates in modified three-coloring models with robust quantum revivals, which can be generalized to other lattices.
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1057531|
|296||<July 8(Fri.)>Intertwined magnetism and charge density wave in a kagome metal||2022.06.03||887|
|295||<May. 10(Tue.)>Longitudinal magnon decay in the quasi-two-dimensional antiferromagnet in Ba2FeSi2O7||2022.05.09||1265|
|294||<May. 3(Tue.)>Anomalous Hall signatures of nonsymmorphic nodal lines in the doped chromium chalcospinel CuCr2Se4||2022.04.19||1384|
|293||<Jan. 27(Thu.)>Emulating twisted double bilayer graphene with a multiorbital optical lattice||2022.01.18||2277|
|292||<Nov. 29(Mon.)>Exploring light-matter interactions at atomic scale using electron microscopy||2021.11.22||6528|
|291||<July 21(Wed.)> Strongly Correlative Ionics||2021.07.19||22047|
|290||<Aug. 6(Fru.)> Gravitationally probing dark matter (DM) microphysics||2021.08.03||25872|
|289||<June 23(Wed.)>Valley Polarization and Exciton Hall Effect in Transition Metal Dichalcogenides||2021.06.22||26679|
|288||<8/1(Sat.)> Recent Advances in Deep Learning||2020.07.29||30646|
|287||<Nov. 5(Fri.)>Strongly Coupled Moire Photonics||2021.11.01||35907|
|286||<July 14(Wed.)> B1g phonon anomaly driven by Fermi surface instability at intermediate temperature in YBa2Cu3O7−δ||2021.07.13||36612|
|»||<June 01(Tue.)>Frustration-induced Athermal Behaviors: Hilbert Space Fragmentation and Quantum Many-Body Scars||2021.05.24||37738|
|284||[8/1(Wed.), 8/2(Thu)] Lectures on gravitational waves||2018.07.24||43740|
|283||<9/24(Tue) 4:00 pm ~ > Structure Formation with Two Periods of Inflation: Beyond plain LCDM||2019.09.17||48400|
|282||<11/6(Tue.) 3:00pm>The Surprising Solar Gamma-ray Emission from Cosmic-Ray Interactions||2018.11.03||48809|
|281||<4/5(Wed.) 18:00pm> 저에너지 가속기의 활용||2017.04.05||49071|
|280||<7/11(Wed.) 3:00pm> Traversable wormholes: two-dimensional example||2018.07.09||51167|
|279||<11/12(Mon.) 3:30pm>Dark Matter Probes with Astrophysical Observations||2018.11.05||51968|
|278||<6/21(Thu.) ~ 22(Fri.)>Mini-workshop for the entanglement entropy at SKKU||2018.06.18||52265|
|277||<11/23(Fri.) 11:00am>Barrier-bound States in Flat-band Systems||2018.11.19||52336|