Home > 게시판 > 세미나
에피 산화물 연구실에서 University of California, Berkeley의 오지섭 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참여를 부탁 드립니다.
○ Topic: Intertwined magnetism and charge density wave in a kagome metal
○ Speaker: 오 지 섭 박사님 (University of California, Berkeley)
○ Date/time: 2022. 7. 8. (Fri.) 11:00 AM
○ Place: Natural Science 1, Room No. 31214
○ Abstract: Electronic correlations are key sources of emergent orders in quantum materials. Kagome lattice is an intriguing platform system to realize interplays between quantum topology and electronic correlations. Flat bands introduced by destructive interference of valence band orbitals, Dirac crossings, and a pair of van Hove singularities (vHSs) have been suggested as key topological signatures in electronic structures are strongly connected to the kagome lattice. In addition, correlated emergent phases have been discovered among kagome metals including magnetism, charge density wave (CDW), nematicity, and superconductivity. These materials can be largely organized into two types: those that host magnetism or those that host CDW.
Recently, we discovered a CDW phase in the magnetic kagome metal FeGe, providing a new platform for understanding the interplay between CDW and magnetism [1-3]. The CDW in FeGe occurs at wavevectors identical to that of AV3Sb5, enhances the magnetic moment. Here, we utilized angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy to observe all three characteristic electronic structure signatures of kagome lattices, namely flat bands, Dirac crossings, and vHSs. We also found a monotonic shift of the vHSs toward Fermi level as temperature increases by the evolution of magnetic exchange splitting. At the onset temperature of the CDW, we identify spectral gap formation at the Fermi level on the vHS-forming band, and nesting between them satisfies the CDW wavevectors observed by neutron scattering. Based on all the observations, we conclude that magnetic interaction drives band evolution, resulting in the CDW order. Hence, our work directly demonstrates an intertwined connection between the emergent flat-band magnetism and CDW driven by nesting between vHSs in the unique correlated kagome metal FeGe .
 X. Teng et al., Discovery of charge density wave in a correlated kagome lattice antiferromagnet. Nature accepted.
 J.-X. Yin et al., Discovery of charge order and corresponding edge state in kagome magnet FeGe. arXiv 2203.01888.
 C. Setty et al., Electron correlations and charge density wave in the topological kagome metal FeGe. arXiv 2203.01930.
 J. S. Oh et al., Intertwined magnetism and charge density wave in a kagome lattice. Nat. Phys. under review.
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1079043|
|16||<12/3> Magnetic couplings, optical spectra, and spin-orbit exciton in 5d Mott insulator Sr2IrO4||2012.11.26||403463|
|15||<11/21> Cosmological viable scalar-tensor theories of gravity||2012.11.16||105169|
|14||<11/5> Optical spectroscopic probe on the surface state in three dimensional topological insulators||2012.10.24||77362|
|13||<10/24> Dung-hai Lee 교수와의 간담회||2012.10.23||71271|
|12||<11/22> Spin polarization of photoelectrons from a topological insulator||2012.10.22||70858|
|11||<10/23> Measuring Transfer Reactions with Radioactive Beams||2012.10.15||86753|
|10||<10/12> Kondo Effect in a Quantum-Dot-Topological-Superconductor Junction: A Numerical Renormalization Group Analysis||2012.10.08||93263|
|9||<10/5> Gauge fields. Past, present, future.||2012.10.05||71240|
|8||<10/8 (월)>물리학과 특별세미나 개최 안내||2012.10.05||97670|
|7||<9/20> Time-reversal anomaly in Josephson effect involving Majorana fermions||2012.09.20||205281|
|6||<9/14> High temperature superconductivity and fluctuating stripe||2012.09.10||70597|
|5||<9/7> On Dark Matter and its indirect detection with box-shaped gamma-rays||2012.09.05||71510|
|4||<9/7(금)> Kondo Effect in Chiral Orbital Bands||2012.08.31||76462|
|3||<8/7> Scotch tape and spectroscopy: probing and manipulating the surface of a topological insulator||2012.07.27||90256|
|2||<7월27일>Correlated topological phases in 3D complex oxides via Green's functions||2012.07.27||95645|
|1||<6/21> Nuclear Astrophysics in Effective Field Theories||2012.06.20||84700|