Home > 게시판 > 세미나
양자물질초전도연구실에서 로스알라모스 국립연구소의 Roman Movshovich 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 02. 08(Fri.) 11:00
○ Place: Creative Room on 7th Floor of Samsung Library
○ Speaker: Dr. Roman Movshovich (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5
○ Abstract: CeCoIn5 is a heavy fermion superconductor with superconducting transition temperature Tc = 2.3 K and superconducting critical field Hc2 = 12 Tesla when the field is applied in the a-b plane of this tetragonal material. Specific heat measurements revealed an anomaly that carved out a novel high field superconducting (HFSC) phase, possibly a long sought after spatially inhomogeneous Fulde-Ferrel-Larkin-Ovchinnikov (FFLO) state. Further NMR and neutron scattering measurements revealed a magnetic spin density wave (SDW) order stabilized in the HFSC phase, and therefore relying on the present d-wave superconductivity for its existence. Recent neutron scattering measurements  indicated that the SDW order in the HFSC phase is single-domain. The ordering wave-vector Q switches abruptly when magnetic field is rotated through the anti-nodal  direction, with Q choosing the direction (node) more perpendicular to the magnetic field. Inspired by these results, we performed thermal conductivity measurements in rotating magnetic field. The sample, polished with a long axis in the  direction of the tetragonal CeCoIn5, nodal for its dx2-y2 order parameter, was mounted with c-axis parallel to the horizontal axis of rotation of a piezo-electric rotator. Q in our experiment, therefore, switched from being parallel to perpendicular to the direction of the heat current. The sign of the change in thermal conductivity upon switching of Q provide a clear evidence for a third order, in addition to SC d-wave and SDW. We identify it as a p-wave pair density wave (PDW), intertwined with two others in the HFSC phase . Further measurements of the Nd-doped CeCoIn5 indicate that the phenomena of p-wave PDW in the presence of d-wave superconductivity and SDW order may be a general phenomenon. 
 Duk Y. Kim, Shi-Zeng Lin, Franziska Weickert, Michel Kenzelmann, Eric D. Bauer, Filip Ronning, J. D. Thompson, and Roman Movshovich (2016) Phys. Rev. X 6: 041059.
 S. Gerber, M. Bartkowiak, J. L. Gavilano, E. Ressouche, N. Egetenmeyer, C. Niedermayer, A. D. Bianchi, R. Movshovich, E. D. Bauer, J. D. Thompson, and M. Kenzelmann (2004) Nat. Phys. 10: 126.
 Duk Y. Kim, et al., Phys. Rev. B 97, 245120 (2018)
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1079605|
|276||Square lattice S=1/2 Heisenberg spin systems: Vanadium oxides and phosphates||2006.01.12||81679|
|275||<2/27> Carbon nanotubes as Electron Sources||2006.02.21||99791|
|274||<4/28> Generalised cosmological scaling solutions in braneworld and their duality properties||2006.04.24||103962|
|273||<5/3> High-Speed MOSFET Technology: State-of-the-Art Strain Engineering||2006.05.02||132184|
|272||<5/22> 정상욱 교수 초청 세미나 Overview of Multiferroics||2006.05.19||87561|
|271||<8/17> Is Quantum Criticality a Key to Unconventional Superconductivity?||2006.08.09||90779|
|270||<9/7> Solitons in the Higgs phase||2006.09.05||85855|
|269||<10/13> 물리학과 저차원 스핀계 연구팀 초청 세미나||2006.10.11||92389|
|268||<10/25> Wave properties of dipole-exchange spin waves in confined magnetic thin films||2006.10.25||297251|
|267||<10/26>Dark-enrgy and Accelerating Universe(Some theoretical approaches)||2006.10.25||84789|
|266||<11/6>Intel’s current 65 nm semiconductor process technology and the direction....||2006.11.08||86154|
|265||<11/11>Leptogenesis in triplet seesaw models||2006.11.08||143982|
|264||<11/10>Mutifunctional Magnetic Oxides (다 기능성 자성 산화물)||2006.11.08||77330|
|263||<11/14>Oxide heterostructure and multifunctional devices||2006.11.10||78113|
|262||<11/22>A Glimpse of X-ray Sky||2006.11.16||139667|
|261||<11/28>Vacuum transitions and tunneling in field theory and cosmology||2006.11.28||83682|
|259||<3/13>Toric AdS4/CFT3 duals and M-theory Crystals||2007.03.08||82187|
|258||<3/30> Abelian Decomposition of Gravitation||2007.03.29||82343|
|257||<5/15>Do we live in 5D?||2007.05.15||83549|