Home > 게시판 > 세미나
양자물질초전도연구실에서 로스알라모스 국립연구소의 Roman Movshovich 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 02. 08(Fri.) 11:00
○ Place: Creative Room on 7th Floor of Samsung Library
○ Speaker: Dr. Roman Movshovich (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5
○ Abstract: CeCoIn5 is a heavy fermion superconductor with superconducting transition temperature Tc = 2.3 K and superconducting critical field Hc2 = 12 Tesla when the field is applied in the a-b plane of this tetragonal material. Specific heat measurements revealed an anomaly that carved out a novel high field superconducting (HFSC) phase, possibly a long sought after spatially inhomogeneous Fulde-Ferrel-Larkin-Ovchinnikov (FFLO) state. Further NMR and neutron scattering measurements revealed a magnetic spin density wave (SDW) order stabilized in the HFSC phase, and therefore relying on the present d-wave superconductivity for its existence. Recent neutron scattering measurements  indicated that the SDW order in the HFSC phase is single-domain. The ordering wave-vector Q switches abruptly when magnetic field is rotated through the anti-nodal  direction, with Q choosing the direction (node) more perpendicular to the magnetic field. Inspired by these results, we performed thermal conductivity measurements in rotating magnetic field. The sample, polished with a long axis in the  direction of the tetragonal CeCoIn5, nodal for its dx2-y2 order parameter, was mounted with c-axis parallel to the horizontal axis of rotation of a piezo-electric rotator. Q in our experiment, therefore, switched from being parallel to perpendicular to the direction of the heat current. The sign of the change in thermal conductivity upon switching of Q provide a clear evidence for a third order, in addition to SC d-wave and SDW. We identify it as a p-wave pair density wave (PDW), intertwined with two others in the HFSC phase . Further measurements of the Nd-doped CeCoIn5 indicate that the phenomena of p-wave PDW in the presence of d-wave superconductivity and SDW order may be a general phenomenon. 
 Duk Y. Kim, Shi-Zeng Lin, Franziska Weickert, Michel Kenzelmann, Eric D. Bauer, Filip Ronning, J. D. Thompson, and Roman Movshovich (2016) Phys. Rev. X 6: 041059.
 S. Gerber, M. Bartkowiak, J. L. Gavilano, E. Ressouche, N. Egetenmeyer, C. Niedermayer, A. D. Bianchi, R. Movshovich, E. D. Bauer, J. D. Thompson, and M. Kenzelmann (2004) Nat. Phys. 10: 126.
 Duk Y. Kim, et al., Phys. Rev. B 97, 245120 (2018)
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1079604|
|276||<7/9> Strange Metallic Behavior in Anisotropic Background||2010.07.01||157650|
|275||<9/15> Resistance Switching Behavior of Epitaxially Grown NiO Thin Films||2009.09.07||157141|
|274||<6/25(화)>물리학과 특별세미나 개최 안내||2013.06.24||151403|
|273||<11/11>Leptogenesis in triplet seesaw models||2006.11.08||143982|
|272||<12/26> Emergent Physics in 3D Correlated Topological Semimetals||2013.12.20||142871|
|271||<Oct. 20(Tue.) 2:00 PM> High-throughput Synthesis of Oxide Thin Films||2015.10.05||140833|
|270||<11/22>A Glimpse of X-ray Sky||2006.11.16||139667|
|269||<12/21(금)> Theory of topological quantum phase transitions in 3D noncentrosymmetric systems||2012.12.05||134626|
|268||<5/3> High-Speed MOSFET Technology: State-of-the-Art Strain Engineering||2006.05.02||132184|
|267||<7/25(목) 오전11시> 물리학과 특별세미나 개최 안내||2013.07.19||131551|
|266||<Nov.13(Fri) 16:00> Kondo screening in mixed valence and heavy fermion compounds and the signatures of Nozieres’ exhaustion||2015.11.04||130187|
|265||<5/16(Thu.) 14:00 ~ >The Chiral anomaly without Landau levels||2019.05.08||129141|
|264||<3/12(화)>물리학과 특별초청강연 개최 안내||2013.03.04||128031|
|263||<4/21> Experimental and Observational Astrophysics in the Infrared Wavebands||2009.04.17||127408|
|262||<10/28>Grazing Incidence X-ray Diffraction and Surface X-ray Scattering Study of Hematite (α-Fe2O3) Nano-cube||2011.10.26||126327|
|261||<12/30> Dirac vs. Weyl in topological insulators: Adler-Bell-Jackiw anomaly in transport phenomena||2013.12.16||125338|
|260||<4/14> X-ray absorption fine structure analyses on amorphous oxide films||2009.04.06||125159|
|259||<4/30(화)> DC (DNA Curtains) and AC (Actin Curtains) in single-molecule biophysics||2013.04.11||123902|
|258||<4/30> Updates on warped brane inflation||2009.04.21||122547|
|257||<1/28> Steps towards a non-relativistic AdS/CFT||2010.01.25||121837|