Home > 게시판 > 세미나
고체전자구조계산 연구실에서 홍콩과기원 물리학과의 조교붕 교수님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 08. 19(Mon) 14:00
○ Place: 제1과학관 e+첨단강의실(31214호)
○ Speaker: 조 규 붕 교수님 (물리학과, 홍콩과기원)
○ Title: Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator
○ Abstract: An atomic quantum simulator with ultracold atoms enables us to precisely design, characterize and understand various quantum materials on demand. In this talk, I will introduce the recent progress on the experimental realization of topological matter using ultracold atoms, and discuss a few pedagogical topological models. In particular, I will demonstrate two sets of experiments recently performed at HKUST. First, I will describe the observation of symmetry-protected topological (SPT) phases realized in 1D optical lattices . The observed SPT phase is beyond the Altland-Zirnbauer ten-fold classification, and protected by mirror and a generalized chiral symmetry that can be manipulated in an optical lattice with Raman-induced spin-orbit coupling, with its topology being detected by the spin polarization of Bloch states at highly symmetric points of the Brillouin zone. Secondly, I will discuss the realization of 3D topological band by generalizing the spin-orbit coupling realized in 1D . Despite the significant progresses, the observation of topological band beyond 2D has remained challenging due to the experimental complexity. We developed a novel way to probe 3D band structure in the presence of emergent magnetic group symmetry. This symmetry allows for effectively reconstructing the 3D topological band from a series of measurements of integrated spin textures. As a result, we demonstrate that 3D topological band structure with gapless nodal-lines are realized in simple optical lattice potentials with spin-orbit coupling. Interestingly, the spin dynamics after the quantum quench from the trivial to topological band reflects the intrinsic band topology of the post-quench Hamiltonian, which will be discussed in details for both 1D  and 3D  topological bands.
 Bo Song, Long Zhang, Chengdong He, Ting Fung Jeffrey Poon, Elnur Hajiyev, Shanchao Zhang, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of symmetry-protected topological band with ultracold fermions” Science Advances 4, eaao4748 (2018)
 Bo Song, Chengdong He, Sen Niu, Long Zhang, Zejian Ren, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of nodal-line semimetal with ultracold fermions in an optical lattice”
Nature Physics, in press (2019).
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1079061|
|196||<4/20> Chern-Simons gauge theories and M2 brane CFTs||2009.04.09||77026|
|195||<5/8> A brief introduction to holographic entanglement entropy||2012.05.07||77275|
|194||<11/10>Mutifunctional Magnetic Oxides (다 기능성 자성 산화물)||2006.11.08||77319|
|193||<11/5> Optical spectroscopic probe on the surface state in three dimensional topological insulators||2012.10.24||77371|
|»||<8/19(Mon) 14:00 ~ >Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator||2019.07.26||77440|
|191||<8/21(수)> 고온 초전도 특별세미나||2013.08.21||77451|
|190||<2/10(화) 오후 2시> 특별 초청세미나 개최 안내||2015.02.06||77589|
|189||<3/31(화)> 초청세미나 개최 안내||2015.03.24||77726|
|188||<10/13(Thu.) 13:00>기술융합을 통한 의료혁명과 물리학의 역할||2016.09.29||77798|
|187||<4/23> BK 석학초청 특별강연 - Connections between Stellar Evolution and Nuclear Physics||2012.04.16||77870|
|186||<11/14>Oxide heterostructure and multifunctional devices||2006.11.10||77898|
|185||<8/1(Wed.) 4:00pm>Band Topology in Nodal Line Semimetals with Z2 Monopole Charges||2018.07.23||78603|
|184||<9/2(Mon) 15:00 ~ >Status of the KM3NeT Deep Sea Neutrino Telescope||2019.08.26||78939|
|183||<10/12> Kondo Effect in a Quantum-Dot-Topological-Superconductor Junction: A Numerical Renormalization Group Analysis||2012.10.08||79104|
|182||<12/21(금)> Generic quantum spin ice||2012.12.03||79266|
|181||<Aug. 4(Wed.)>Electronic Properties of Mixed-dimensional 2D/3D Heterostructures||2021.08.04||79611|
|180||<11/27> N=4,5,6,8 superconformal Chern-Simons theory||2008.11.25||79629|
|179||<5/9> Gravity dual of (Non-)Fermi Liquids from Entanglement Entropy||2012.05.07||80225|
|178||<10/18(Thu.) 1:30pm>Machine Learning Approaches for Solving Physics Problems: Usability of Experimental Data||2018.10.15||80299|
|177||<3/27> The Born series for S-wave spin-quartet neutron-deuteron scattering at small cutoff values.||2013.03.25||80414|