Home > 게시판 > 세미나
고체전자구조계산 연구실에서 홍콩과기원 물리학과의 조교붕 교수님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 08. 19(Mon) 14:00
○ Place: 제1과학관 e+첨단강의실(31214호)
○ Speaker: 조 규 붕 교수님 (물리학과, 홍콩과기원)
○ Title: Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator
○ Abstract: An atomic quantum simulator with ultracold atoms enables us to precisely design, characterize and understand various quantum materials on demand. In this talk, I will introduce the recent progress on the experimental realization of topological matter using ultracold atoms, and discuss a few pedagogical topological models. In particular, I will demonstrate two sets of experiments recently performed at HKUST. First, I will describe the observation of symmetry-protected topological (SPT) phases realized in 1D optical lattices . The observed SPT phase is beyond the Altland-Zirnbauer ten-fold classification, and protected by mirror and a generalized chiral symmetry that can be manipulated in an optical lattice with Raman-induced spin-orbit coupling, with its topology being detected by the spin polarization of Bloch states at highly symmetric points of the Brillouin zone. Secondly, I will discuss the realization of 3D topological band by generalizing the spin-orbit coupling realized in 1D . Despite the significant progresses, the observation of topological band beyond 2D has remained challenging due to the experimental complexity. We developed a novel way to probe 3D band structure in the presence of emergent magnetic group symmetry. This symmetry allows for effectively reconstructing the 3D topological band from a series of measurements of integrated spin textures. As a result, we demonstrate that 3D topological band structure with gapless nodal-lines are realized in simple optical lattice potentials with spin-orbit coupling. Interestingly, the spin dynamics after the quantum quench from the trivial to topological band reflects the intrinsic band topology of the post-quench Hamiltonian, which will be discussed in details for both 1D  and 3D  topological bands.
 Bo Song, Long Zhang, Chengdong He, Ting Fung Jeffrey Poon, Elnur Hajiyev, Shanchao Zhang, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of symmetry-protected topological band with ultracold fermions” Science Advances 4, eaao4748 (2018)
 Bo Song, Chengdong He, Sen Niu, Long Zhang, Zejian Ren, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of nodal-line semimetal with ultracold fermions in an optical lattice”
Nature Physics, in press (2019).
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1091383|
|202||<4/19> Nuclear Reaction Theories||2011.04.14||100711|
|201||<7/14> Calculating the partition function of N=2 Gauge theories on $S^3$ and AdS/CFT correspondence||2011.07.12||100673|
|200||<5/16> superconformal index with line operators and domain walls||2012.05.14||100535|
|199||<10/9> Smearing effect of membrane in plane-wave matrix model||2009.10.05||100425|
|198||<11/27> 중성자로 보는 작은 세상 속 큰 물리||2009.11.24||99976|
|197||<7월27일>Correlated topological phases in 3D complex oxides via Green's functions||2012.07.27||99962|
|196||<5/3> APOLLO Program: Understanding Neutron-Rich Nuclei for r-Process Nucleosynthesis||2012.05.03||99929|
|195||<10/8 (월)>물리학과 특별세미나 개최 안내||2012.10.05||99353|
|194||<9/1> 원자핵 자기공명(Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) 해설 - 원자선에서 영상까지||2010.08.30||99352|
|193||<12/14> Breakup-Fusion and Knockout-Fusion Approach to Pre-Equilibrium Processes||2009.12.11||98747|
|192||<11/4 오후 3:30> Surface impurity induced self energy in bulk on a topological insulator||2013.10.23||97495|
|191||<4/22> How Many is Different? Ideal Bose gas revisited||2011.04.22||97215|
|190||<Oct.20(Tue) 10:00-12:00> Novel quantum transport in Weyl semimetals and double-Weyl semimetals||2015.10.23||97138|
|189||<11/4>Plasmonic Properites of Metallic Nanostructures||2009.10.30||96935|
|188||<10/12> Kondo Effect in a Quantum-Dot-Topological-Superconductor Junction: A Numerical Renormalization Group Analysis||2012.10.08||96747|
|187||<1/26> Hamiltonian formalism||2011.01.19||96693|
|186||<4/3> Spin-orbit coupling induced Mott insulating state||2009.03.13||96415|
|185||<10/13> 물리학과 저차원 스핀계 연구팀 초청 세미나||2006.10.11||94956|
|184||<2/17(Mon.)> Magneto-optical study of the Dirac semimetal Cd3As2 in Voigt geometry||2020.02.11||94687|
|183||<2/14> An inverse voter model for co-evolutionary networks: stationary efficiency||2011.02.11||94588|