Home > 게시판 > 세미나
양자물질초전도연구실에서 로스알라모스 국립연구소의 Roman Movshovich 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 02. 08(Fri.) 11:00
○ Place: Creative Room on 7th Floor of Samsung Library
○ Speaker: Dr. Roman Movshovich (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5
○ Abstract: CeCoIn5 is a heavy fermion superconductor with superconducting transition temperature Tc = 2.3 K and superconducting critical field Hc2 = 12 Tesla when the field is applied in the a-b plane of this tetragonal material. Specific heat measurements revealed an anomaly that carved out a novel high field superconducting (HFSC) phase, possibly a long sought after spatially inhomogeneous Fulde-Ferrel-Larkin-Ovchinnikov (FFLO) state. Further NMR and neutron scattering measurements revealed a magnetic spin density wave (SDW) order stabilized in the HFSC phase, and therefore relying on the present d-wave superconductivity for its existence. Recent neutron scattering measurements  indicated that the SDW order in the HFSC phase is single-domain. The ordering wave-vector Q switches abruptly when magnetic field is rotated through the anti-nodal  direction, with Q choosing the direction (node) more perpendicular to the magnetic field. Inspired by these results, we performed thermal conductivity measurements in rotating magnetic field. The sample, polished with a long axis in the  direction of the tetragonal CeCoIn5, nodal for its dx2-y2 order parameter, was mounted with c-axis parallel to the horizontal axis of rotation of a piezo-electric rotator. Q in our experiment, therefore, switched from being parallel to perpendicular to the direction of the heat current. The sign of the change in thermal conductivity upon switching of Q provide a clear evidence for a third order, in addition to SC d-wave and SDW. We identify it as a p-wave pair density wave (PDW), intertwined with two others in the HFSC phase . Further measurements of the Nd-doped CeCoIn5 indicate that the phenomena of p-wave PDW in the presence of d-wave superconductivity and SDW order may be a general phenomenon. 
 Duk Y. Kim, Shi-Zeng Lin, Franziska Weickert, Michel Kenzelmann, Eric D. Bauer, Filip Ronning, J. D. Thompson, and Roman Movshovich (2016) Phys. Rev. X 6: 041059.
 S. Gerber, M. Bartkowiak, J. L. Gavilano, E. Ressouche, N. Egetenmeyer, C. Niedermayer, A. D. Bianchi, R. Movshovich, E. D. Bauer, J. D. Thompson, and M. Kenzelmann (2004) Nat. Phys. 10: 126.
 Duk Y. Kim, et al., Phys. Rev. B 97, 245120 (2018)
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1079315|
|586||<May.8(Wed.)> Genesis of Matter||2019.05.01||41744|
|585||<May.1(Wed.)> Introduction of AMS Application||2019.04.24||67345|
|584||<April.17(Wed.)> Emerging Artificial Synapse for Learning- and Energy-Efficient Neuromorphic System||2019.04.11||126309|
|583||<April.10(Wed.)> 자성 반데르발스 물질 발견과 전망(Discovery and Perspective of magnetic van der Waals materials)||2019.04.04||48247|
|582||<April.3(Wed.)> 전자구조계산을 이용한 새로운 양자물질 연구||2019.03.27||46794|
|581||<Mar.27(Wed.)> Ultrafast Movie Maker for Photo-induced Dynamics: Ultrafast Electron Microscope||2019.03.20||91790|
|580||<Mar.20(Wed.)> Connecting Thermoelectricity and Superconductivity by Pressure Bridge||2019.03.13||56254|
|579||<Mar.13(Wed.)> Physics in Medicine: Magnetic Resonance Imaging||2019.03.07||62931|
|578||<3/11(Mon) 10:30 am ~ >Probing Dark Matter at LIGO and Beyond||2019.03.04||76832|
|»||<2/8(Fri) 11:0 am ~ >Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5||2019.02.08||97820|
|576||<2/8(Fri) 2:00pm ~ > 5d SCFTs and Type IIB 5-brane webs||2019.02.01||55193|
|575||<1/16(Wed) 4:00pm> Band Representation Analysis of Intersecting Nodal Rings in Semiconducting Layers||2019.01.09||63609|
|574||2019학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2019.01.08||128698|
|573||<12/21(Fri) 3:00pm ~ > Quasilocal Smarr Relations / Expanding Universe and Dynamical Compactification Using Yang-Mills Instantons||2018.12.17||100168|
|572||<12/20(Thu) 2:00pm> Gravitating Spinning Stars (a particle theorist's perspective)||2018.12.17||184046|
|571||<Dec.12(Wed.)> First-principles studies of complex oxides interfaces||2018.12.05||64953|
|570||<Dec.5(Wed.)> 두 펄사 이야기||2018.11.28||161618|
|569||<11/21(Wed.) 2:00pm>Origin of Hawking Radiation||2018.11.20||55115|
|568||<11/23(Fri.) 11:00am>Barrier-bound States in Flat-band Systems||2018.11.19||54520|
|567||<Nov.21(Wed.) 4:30 PM> 핵물리학과 RAON||2018.11.15||45686|