Home > 게시판 > 세미나
양자물질초전도연구실에서 로스알라모스 국립연구소의 Roman Movshovich 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 02. 08(Fri.) 11:00
○ Place: Creative Room on 7th Floor of Samsung Library
○ Speaker: Dr. Roman Movshovich (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5
○ Abstract: CeCoIn5 is a heavy fermion superconductor with superconducting transition temperature Tc = 2.3 K and superconducting critical field Hc2 = 12 Tesla when the field is applied in the a-b plane of this tetragonal material. Specific heat measurements revealed an anomaly that carved out a novel high field superconducting (HFSC) phase, possibly a long sought after spatially inhomogeneous Fulde-Ferrel-Larkin-Ovchinnikov (FFLO) state. Further NMR and neutron scattering measurements revealed a magnetic spin density wave (SDW) order stabilized in the HFSC phase, and therefore relying on the present d-wave superconductivity for its existence. Recent neutron scattering measurements  indicated that the SDW order in the HFSC phase is single-domain. The ordering wave-vector Q switches abruptly when magnetic field is rotated through the anti-nodal  direction, with Q choosing the direction (node) more perpendicular to the magnetic field. Inspired by these results, we performed thermal conductivity measurements in rotating magnetic field. The sample, polished with a long axis in the  direction of the tetragonal CeCoIn5, nodal for its dx2-y2 order parameter, was mounted with c-axis parallel to the horizontal axis of rotation of a piezo-electric rotator. Q in our experiment, therefore, switched from being parallel to perpendicular to the direction of the heat current. The sign of the change in thermal conductivity upon switching of Q provide a clear evidence for a third order, in addition to SC d-wave and SDW. We identify it as a p-wave pair density wave (PDW), intertwined with two others in the HFSC phase . Further measurements of the Nd-doped CeCoIn5 indicate that the phenomena of p-wave PDW in the presence of d-wave superconductivity and SDW order may be a general phenomenon. 
 Duk Y. Kim, Shi-Zeng Lin, Franziska Weickert, Michel Kenzelmann, Eric D. Bauer, Filip Ronning, J. D. Thompson, and Roman Movshovich (2016) Phys. Rev. X 6: 041059.
 S. Gerber, M. Bartkowiak, J. L. Gavilano, E. Ressouche, N. Egetenmeyer, C. Niedermayer, A. D. Bianchi, R. Movshovich, E. D. Bauer, J. D. Thompson, and M. Kenzelmann (2004) Nat. Phys. 10: 126.
 Duk Y. Kim, et al., Phys. Rev. B 97, 245120 (2018)
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1090431|
|697||<12/3> Magnetic couplings, optical spectra, and spin-orbit exciton in 5d Mott insulator Sr2IrO4||2012.11.26||457649|
|696||2019학년도 2학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2019.07.17||428920|
|695||<Mar.3(Wed.)>Scaling laws in Natural Language Processing||2021.02.25||372553|
|694||2017학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2017.01.05||333815|
|693||<10/25> Wave properties of dipole-exchange spin waves in confined magnetic thin films||2006.10.25||310562|
|692||<6/11> Advanced Physiological Optics and Its Ophthalmic Applications||2014.05.28||281503|
|691||<5/16> 물리학자가 바라 본 단백질: 왜, 어떻게 연구하는가?||2012.05.10||281173|
|690||<6/17> Oscillating Fuzzy Sphere and M5/anti M5 configurations in ABJM model||2009.06.16||264001|
|689||<8/30(Wed.)10:30>Technology convergence and applications of Large-Area Electronics, e-Textiles, bio-sensors and bio-electronics||2017.08.29||263372|
|688||<12/21> Special Seminar by Professor Ilya Vekhter||2010.11.30||260745|
|687||<3/14>Adaptive Optics for the Human Eye and Ophthalmic Applications||2008.03.12||259127|
|686||BK 석학초청 특별세미나 - Frustration and dimensional reduction in multi-orbital systems||2011.10.28||256779|
|685||2020학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2020.01.31||256110|
|684||<Jan.14(Thu.)>Oxygen sponge effects for epitaxial manganite thin film design||2021.01.11||248663|
|683||<11/6> Graphene plasmon and Plasmonics||2013.10.31||244281|
|682||<June.12(Wed.)> Ribocomputing: Cellular Logic Computation using RNA Devices||2019.06.07||243959|
|681||<11/5(화)> 특별세미나 개최 안내||2013.11.01||234629|
|680||<5/16(토)> 세미나 개최 안내||2015.05.18||228116|
|679||<Sep. 23(Wed.) 4:30 PM>Grain boundary effect in Metal : A journey of discovery from crystal to thin films without grain boundaries||2015.09.16||218264|