Home > 게시판 > 세미나
위상양자물성 연구실에서 National High Magnetic Field Laboratory의 이경민 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
온-오프 혼합으로 진행되는 세미나입니다.
○ Title: Frustration-induced Athermal Behaviors: Hilbert Space Fragmentation and Quantum Many-Body Scars
○ Speaker: 이 경 민 박사님 (National High Magnetic Field Laboratory)
○ Date/time: 2021. 6. 1 (Tue.) 16:30
○ 온라인 참여방법: https://meet64.webex.com/meet/pr1829909900
○ Place: Natural Science 1, Room No. 31317
○ Abstract: Although most interacting quantum systems thermalize locally on short time scales independent of initial conditions, recent developments have shown that this is not always the case: Athermal behaviors have been observed in disordered systems, and more recently, evidence for athermal eigenstates, known as quantum many-body scars, has emerged in disorder-free models with constrained dynamics. In this talk, I will demonstrate that geometric frustration provides a pathway to athermal behaviors without disorder. In a clean system, local constraints can lead to a fragmented Hilbert space where certain initial states fail to reach the thermal steady state. Such fragmentation naturally arises in many frustrated systems with low-energy “ice manifolds” which gives rise to a broad range of relaxation times for different initial states. Focusing on the highly frustrated kagome lattice, I will discuss the phenomenology of fragmentation in two spin-1/2 Hamiltonians with simple two-body interactions: the Balents-Fisher-Girvin model (easy-axis regime), and the three-coloring model (easy-plane regime), both with constrained Hilbert spaces. Furthermore, I will discuss the existence of quantum many-body scar eigenstates in modified three-coloring models with robust quantum revivals, which can be generalized to other lattices.
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1088889|
|656||<Sep. 15(Wed.)> 강화학습 - 시행착오를 통해 배워나가는 인공지능||2021.09.08||5942|
|655||<Sep. 8(Wed.)> Utilizing physics to build a trapped-ion quantum computer||2021.09.01||27135|
|654||<Aug. 4(Wed.)>Electronic Properties of Mixed-dimensional 2D/3D Heterostructures||2021.08.04||86547|
|653||<Aug. 6(Fru.)> Gravitationally probing dark matter (DM) microphysics||2021.08.03||37260|
|652||<July 21(Wed.)> Strongly Correlative Ionics||2021.07.19||34393|
|651||<July 14(Wed.)> B1g phonon anomaly driven by Fermi surface instability at intermediate temperature in YBa2Cu3O7−δ||2021.07.13||47023|
|650||<July 7(Wed.)>Functional rare earth ionic defects and the related phenomena||2021.07.02||120570|
|649||2021학년도 2학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2021.07.01||140792|
|648||<June 30(Wed.)>Mapping of magnetic anisotropy for van der Waals materials||2021.06.25||92449|
|647||<June 23(Wed.)>Valley Polarization and Exciton Hall Effect in Transition Metal Dichalcogenides||2021.06.22||33887|
|646||<June 10(Thu.)>Oxide electronics utilizing spin-orbit coupling||2021.05.31||167114|
|»||<June 01(Tue.)>Frustration-induced Athermal Behaviors: Hilbert Space Fragmentation and Quantum Many-Body Scars||2021.05.24||46739|
|644||<May 12(Wed.)> Nanomechanical oscillators for quantum technology||2021.05.06||24749|
|643||<May 04(Tue.)>Flat bands and the geometry of Bloch wave function||2021.04.27||80282|
|642||<April 28(Wed.)> 손에 잡히는 AI||2021.04.21||11126|
|641||<April 21(Wed.)> 우주배경복사 편광 관측 - 남극점 기지 바이셉/켁 어레이(BICEP/Keck Array) 망원경||2021.04.12||10535|
|640||<April 7(Wed.)> Mid-scale facilities for condensed matter research: high magnetic field and neutron scattering||2021.03.31||153831|
|639||<Mar.31(Wed.)> Nonlinear nanophotonics using on-chip microring resonator||2021.03.25||46265|
|638||<Mar.24(Wed.)> A tale of quantum magnets||2021.03.18||60532|
|637||<Mar.17(Wed.)> Glue spectrum for superconductivity obtained via optical spectroscopy||2021.03.10||30558|