Home > 게시판 > 세미나
양자물질초전도연구실에서 로스알라모스 국립연구소의 Roman Movshovich 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 02. 08(Fri.) 11:00
○ Place: Creative Room on 7th Floor of Samsung Library
○ Speaker: Dr. Roman Movshovich (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5
○ Abstract: CeCoIn5 is a heavy fermion superconductor with superconducting transition temperature Tc = 2.3 K and superconducting critical field Hc2 = 12 Tesla when the field is applied in the a-b plane of this tetragonal material. Specific heat measurements revealed an anomaly that carved out a novel high field superconducting (HFSC) phase, possibly a long sought after spatially inhomogeneous Fulde-Ferrel-Larkin-Ovchinnikov (FFLO) state. Further NMR and neutron scattering measurements revealed a magnetic spin density wave (SDW) order stabilized in the HFSC phase, and therefore relying on the present d-wave superconductivity for its existence. Recent neutron scattering measurements  indicated that the SDW order in the HFSC phase is single-domain. The ordering wave-vector Q switches abruptly when magnetic field is rotated through the anti-nodal  direction, with Q choosing the direction (node) more perpendicular to the magnetic field. Inspired by these results, we performed thermal conductivity measurements in rotating magnetic field. The sample, polished with a long axis in the  direction of the tetragonal CeCoIn5, nodal for its dx2-y2 order parameter, was mounted with c-axis parallel to the horizontal axis of rotation of a piezo-electric rotator. Q in our experiment, therefore, switched from being parallel to perpendicular to the direction of the heat current. The sign of the change in thermal conductivity upon switching of Q provide a clear evidence for a third order, in addition to SC d-wave and SDW. We identify it as a p-wave pair density wave (PDW), intertwined with two others in the HFSC phase . Further measurements of the Nd-doped CeCoIn5 indicate that the phenomena of p-wave PDW in the presence of d-wave superconductivity and SDW order may be a general phenomenon. 
 Duk Y. Kim, Shi-Zeng Lin, Franziska Weickert, Michel Kenzelmann, Eric D. Bauer, Filip Ronning, J. D. Thompson, and Roman Movshovich (2016) Phys. Rev. X 6: 041059.
 S. Gerber, M. Bartkowiak, J. L. Gavilano, E. Ressouche, N. Egetenmeyer, C. Niedermayer, A. D. Bianchi, R. Movshovich, E. D. Bauer, J. D. Thompson, and M. Kenzelmann (2004) Nat. Phys. 10: 126.
 Duk Y. Kim, et al., Phys. Rev. B 97, 245120 (2018)
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1091709|
|519||<Oct.20(Tue) 16:00> Electromagnetic Response and Thermomagnetic Instabilities in Three-Dimensional Nanostructured Superconductors||2015.10.15||104354|
|518||<10/22(Tue.)>To p or not to p? – 17O NMR of Sr2RuO4 under strain||2019.10.17||104275|
|517||<7/15> Experiment for Discoveries of Extrasolar Planets||2009.07.13||103834|
|516||<12/3> Magnetic couplings, optical spectra, and spin-orbit exciton in 5d Mott insulator Sr2IrO4||2012.11.26||103781|
|515||<2/14> Complex network models for mobile ad hoc networks||2011.02.11||103534|
|514||<7/20(Fri.) 4:00pm>Manufacturing next generation cryogen-free 1.5T MRI and cryogen-free NMR||2018.07.16||103471|
|»||<2/8(Fri) 11:0 am ~ >Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5||2019.02.08||103225|
|511||<2/27> Carbon nanotubes as Electron Sources||2006.02.21||103223|
|510||<5/11>Emergent Geometry as Quantum Gravity||2009.05.07||102988|
|509||<May.16(Wed.) 4:30 PM> Single crystal growth of metal film and metal oxide film on different substrates and their various applications||2018.05.09||102977|
|508||<8/19(Mon) 13:30 ~ >Detection of cosmic rays in the PeV to EeV energy range||2019.08.16||102625|
|507||<6/5> BK 석학초청 특별강연 - How Well Does High Field Specific Heat Probe the Nodal Nature of the Multi-||2012.05.14||102356|
|506||<5/12(월)> Nanoscale probing of electrochemical phenomena and ionic dynamics by scanning probe microscopy||2014.05.07||102127|
|505||<11/11> Revealing magnetism of nanoislands with quantitative insights into spin-polarized scanning tunneling spectroscopy||2013.11.05||102048|
|504||<11/14> Resonance collective mode in novel superconductors||2008.11.11||101879|
|502||<4/10> Mapulation of spins in organic compounds||2013.04.03||101658|
|501||<5/18> Three magics to hold an atom without perturbation||2011.05.09||101478|
|500||<6/19> 초전도 특별세미나||2012.06.11||101436|