Home > 게시판 > 세미나
에피 산화물연구실에서 Los Alamos National Laboratory의 강경태 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2021. 1. 14 (Thu.) 10:00
○ Speaker: 강 경 태 박사님 (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Oxygen sponge effects for epitaxial manganite thin film design
○ Abstract: Ever since the development of high-temperature superconducting thin films, pulsed laser deposition (PLD) has played a central role in realizing high-quality complex oxides. In complex oxide thin films, heterostructure, and nanocomposites, the PLD has been widely utilized for various properties such as ferroelectricity, magnetism. Among the PLD parameters, background oxygen gas and oxide target have been known as the primary oxygen sources to determine the oxygen amount within oxides. So, most conventional oxide films are deposited in the relatively high oxygen partial pressure (50~250 mTorr). Meanwhile, some oxide heterostructures require low oxygen partial pressure, and herein the oxygen vacancies are hardly removed due to the entanglement with the cation off-stoichiometry. In turn, it is extensively demanded to develop a parameter of controlling the oxygen content regardless of the growth pressure, by which enough oxygen can be supply to films for full oxidation even in the low oxygen pressure growth.
Here, we propose the oxygen sponge effect's hypothesis in controlling the oxygen content within the films by using the La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 system . The pre-substrate-annealing (PSA) helps the oxide substrate serve as an oxygen sponge, providing an oxygen-rich or oxygen-poor environment for the film growth. During the PSA, the substrate is heated up in a given oxygen partial pressure right before the film deposition. Moreover, depending on the PSA conditions, the remarkable changes in oxygen content, structure, and functionalities in the as-grown oxide films emerge. The substrate oxygen sponge effect, with the large oxygen concentration gradient at high temperatures, can be applied for emergent interfacial phenomena and the growth of functional oxide thin films and nanocomposites.
 K. T. Kang et al., Appl. Phys. Lett. 117, 151601 (2020).
○ 온라인으로 진행되는 Webniar(Web+Seminar)이며, Webex meetings 프로그램을 통해 진행됩니다.
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1089270|
|40||<8/19(Mon) 14:00 ~ >Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator||2019.07.26||81397|
|39||<8/14(Wed.)>3D-strain induced superconductivity in La2CuO4+δ using a simple vertically aligned nanocomposite approach||2019.08.13||71693|
|38||<8/19(Mon) 13:30 ~ >Detection of cosmic rays in the PeV to EeV energy range||2019.08.16||100679|
|37||<8/26(Mon) 14:00 ~ >Constructing viable models of bouncing scenarios||2019.08.20||60001|
|36||<8/30(Fri) 16:00 ~ >Structures of light neutron-rich nuclei, 17,19C||2019.08.22||93096|
|35||<9/2(Mon) 15:00 ~ >Status of the KM3NeT Deep Sea Neutrino Telescope||2019.08.26||83826|
|34||<9/17(Tue) 4:00 pm ~ >Dynamics of multiple-Q spin textures and its effect on electronic state||2019.09.10||66453|
|33||<9/24(Tue) 4:00 pm ~ > Structure Formation with Two Periods of Inflation: Beyond plain LCDM||2019.09.17||51707|
|32||<9/26(Thu.) 4:30 pm ~ > Neutrino Physics and Dark Matter search in IBS||2019.09.24||111848|
|31||<10/1(Tue.) Mini-Workshop on BSM Physics with Neutrino Detectors||2019.09.30||91352|
|30||<10/22(Tue.)>To p or not to p? – 17O NMR of Sr2RuO4 under strain||2019.10.17||103443|
|29||<12/6(Fri.)>topological phase transitions in Kitaev quantum spin liquids.||2019.12.04||78588|
|28||<12/10(Tue.)> Investigating dark matter signals at neutrino telescopes||2019.12.06||105877|
|27||<12/17(Tue.)> Nuclear spectroscopy with low energy reaction thermal neutrons in ILL||2019.12.17||76776|
|26||<2/17(Mon.)> Magneto-optical study of the Dirac semimetal Cd3As2 in Voigt geometry||2020.02.11||92838|
|25||<8/1(Sat.)> Recent Advances in Deep Learning||2020.07.29||37700|
|24||<11/5(Thu.)> Higher Spin Cooper Pairs||2020.10.27||115915|
|»||<Jan.14(Thu.)>Oxygen sponge effects for epitaxial manganite thin film design||2021.01.11||247201|
|22||<Jan.28(Thu.)>X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy Study of Amorphous Oxide Thin Films||2021.01.27||113298|
|21||<Feb.18(Thu.)> Hund's metallicity in the vicinity of a Van Hove singularity / Correlated topological phases in strongly correlated heterostructures||2021.02.16||200191|