Home > 게시판 > 세미나
양자물질초전도연구실에서 로스알라모스 국립연구소의 Roman Movshovich 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 02. 08(Fri.) 11:00
○ Place: Creative Room on 7th Floor of Samsung Library
○ Speaker: Dr. Roman Movshovich (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5
○ Abstract: CeCoIn5 is a heavy fermion superconductor with superconducting transition temperature Tc = 2.3 K and superconducting critical field Hc2 = 12 Tesla when the field is applied in the a-b plane of this tetragonal material. Specific heat measurements revealed an anomaly that carved out a novel high field superconducting (HFSC) phase, possibly a long sought after spatially inhomogeneous Fulde-Ferrel-Larkin-Ovchinnikov (FFLO) state. Further NMR and neutron scattering measurements revealed a magnetic spin density wave (SDW) order stabilized in the HFSC phase, and therefore relying on the present d-wave superconductivity for its existence. Recent neutron scattering measurements  indicated that the SDW order in the HFSC phase is single-domain. The ordering wave-vector Q switches abruptly when magnetic field is rotated through the anti-nodal  direction, with Q choosing the direction (node) more perpendicular to the magnetic field. Inspired by these results, we performed thermal conductivity measurements in rotating magnetic field. The sample, polished with a long axis in the  direction of the tetragonal CeCoIn5, nodal for its dx2-y2 order parameter, was mounted with c-axis parallel to the horizontal axis of rotation of a piezo-electric rotator. Q in our experiment, therefore, switched from being parallel to perpendicular to the direction of the heat current. The sign of the change in thermal conductivity upon switching of Q provide a clear evidence for a third order, in addition to SC d-wave and SDW. We identify it as a p-wave pair density wave (PDW), intertwined with two others in the HFSC phase . Further measurements of the Nd-doped CeCoIn5 indicate that the phenomena of p-wave PDW in the presence of d-wave superconductivity and SDW order may be a general phenomenon. 
 Duk Y. Kim, Shi-Zeng Lin, Franziska Weickert, Michel Kenzelmann, Eric D. Bauer, Filip Ronning, J. D. Thompson, and Roman Movshovich (2016) Phys. Rev. X 6: 041059.
 S. Gerber, M. Bartkowiak, J. L. Gavilano, E. Ressouche, N. Egetenmeyer, C. Niedermayer, A. D. Bianchi, R. Movshovich, E. D. Bauer, J. D. Thompson, and M. Kenzelmann (2004) Nat. Phys. 10: 126.
 Duk Y. Kim, et al., Phys. Rev. B 97, 245120 (2018)
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1090497|
|282||<June 01(Tue.)>Frustration-induced Athermal Behaviors: Hilbert Space Fragmentation and Quantum Many-Body Scars||2021.05.24||47050|
|281||<May 04(Tue.)>Flat bands and the geometry of Bloch wave function||2021.04.27||80918|
|280||<Feb.18(Thu.)> Hund's metallicity in the vicinity of a Van Hove singularity / Correlated topological phases in strongly correlated heterostructures||2021.02.16||201575|
|279||<Jan.28(Thu.)>X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy Study of Amorphous Oxide Thin Films||2021.01.27||113897|
|278||<Jan.14(Thu.)>Oxygen sponge effects for epitaxial manganite thin film design||2021.01.11||248678|
|277||<11/5(Thu.)> Higher Spin Cooper Pairs||2020.10.27||117300|
|276||<8/1(Sat.)> Recent Advances in Deep Learning||2020.07.29||38287|
|275||<2/17(Mon.)> Magneto-optical study of the Dirac semimetal Cd3As2 in Voigt geometry||2020.02.11||94143|
|274||<12/17(Tue.)> Nuclear spectroscopy with low energy reaction thermal neutrons in ILL||2019.12.17||77064|
|273||<12/10(Tue.)> Investigating dark matter signals at neutrino telescopes||2019.12.06||106917|
|272||<12/6(Fri.)>topological phase transitions in Kitaev quantum spin liquids.||2019.12.04||78952|
|271||<10/22(Tue.)>To p or not to p? – 17O NMR of Sr2RuO4 under strain||2019.10.17||104012|
|270||<10/1(Tue.) Mini-Workshop on BSM Physics with Neutrino Detectors||2019.09.30||91807|
|269||<9/26(Thu.) 4:30 pm ~ > Neutrino Physics and Dark Matter search in IBS||2019.09.24||112223|
|268||<9/24(Tue) 4:00 pm ~ > Structure Formation with Two Periods of Inflation: Beyond plain LCDM||2019.09.17||52286|
|267||<9/17(Tue) 4:00 pm ~ >Dynamics of multiple-Q spin textures and its effect on electronic state||2019.09.10||67148|
|266||<9/2(Mon) 15:00 ~ >Status of the KM3NeT Deep Sea Neutrino Telescope||2019.08.26||84199|
|265||<8/30(Fri) 16:00 ~ >Structures of light neutron-rich nuclei, 17,19C||2019.08.22||93454|
|264||<8/26(Mon) 14:00 ~ >Constructing viable models of bouncing scenarios||2019.08.20||60359|
|263||<8/19(Mon) 13:30 ~ >Detection of cosmic rays in the PeV to EeV energy range||2019.08.16||101880|