Home > 게시판 > 세미나
위상양자물성 연구실에서 National High Magnetic Field Laboratory의 이경민 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
온-오프 혼합으로 진행되는 세미나입니다.
○ Title: Frustration-induced Athermal Behaviors: Hilbert Space Fragmentation and Quantum Many-Body Scars
○ Speaker: 이 경 민 박사님 (National High Magnetic Field Laboratory)
○ Date/time: 2021. 6. 1 (Tue.) 16:30
○ 온라인 참여방법: https://meet64.webex.com/meet/pr1829909900
○ Place: Natural Science 1, Room No. 31317
○ Abstract: Although most interacting quantum systems thermalize locally on short time scales independent of initial conditions, recent developments have shown that this is not always the case: Athermal behaviors have been observed in disordered systems, and more recently, evidence for athermal eigenstates, known as quantum many-body scars, has emerged in disorder-free models with constrained dynamics. In this talk, I will demonstrate that geometric frustration provides a pathway to athermal behaviors without disorder. In a clean system, local constraints can lead to a fragmented Hilbert space where certain initial states fail to reach the thermal steady state. Such fragmentation naturally arises in many frustrated systems with low-energy “ice manifolds” which gives rise to a broad range of relaxation times for different initial states. Focusing on the highly frustrated kagome lattice, I will discuss the phenomenology of fragmentation in two spin-1/2 Hamiltonians with simple two-body interactions: the Balents-Fisher-Girvin model (easy-axis regime), and the three-coloring model (easy-plane regime), both with constrained Hilbert spaces. Furthermore, I will discuss the existence of quantum many-body scar eigenstates in modified three-coloring models with robust quantum revivals, which can be generalized to other lattices.
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1090361|
|58||<1/22>Vortices, Q-balls, domain walls on dielectric M2 brane||2009.01.19||83128|
|57||<1/14>Dark Matter signals from PAMELA and ATIC||2009.01.12||91068|
|56||<1/8>Supersymmetric states in AdS/CFT||2009.01.05||109969|
|55||<11/27> N=4,5,6,8 superconformal Chern-Simons theory||2008.11.25||80607|
|54||<11/14> Resonance collective mode in novel superconductors||2008.11.11||101702|
|53||<10/14> Applications of holographic QCD||2008.10.13||84710|
|52||<7/2> Dyonic Instanton and Its Higgs Structures||2008.07.01||73578|
|51||<7/3> Complex networks and the graph structure of metabolism||2008.06.26||107182|
|50||<6/26> Hawking radiation and divergence anomalies||2008.06.26||114267|
|49||<6/10> Traffic Problem in Physics and Its Application||2008.06.10||91970|
|48||<5/19> High Energy Physics and The Gas Electron Multiplier Detector Technology||2008.05.15||87050|
|47||<5/15>Black Hole Entropy Function in (Anti-)de Sitter Space-Time||2008.05.09||125837|
|46||<5/1> Schwinger Pair Production in dS_2 and AdS_2||2008.04.29||84932|
|45||<2/11>Marginal Deformations For Lower Dimensional D-bran...||2008.02.05||94336|
|44||<1/17>Quantum criticality and superconductivity||2008.01.16||90474|
|43||<9/10> Nanomaterials for Biotech Applicastions||2007.09.05||88446|
|42||<9/13> Multiferroic properties of BiFeO3 single crystal and 1D-Chain system||2007.09.04||83249|
|41||<5/18> Baryons in AdS/QCD||2007.05.15||108944|
|40||<5/15>Do we live in 5D?||2007.05.15||84873|
|39||<3/30> Abelian Decomposition of Gravitation||2007.03.29||83620|