Home > 게시판 > 세미나
위상양자물성 연구실에서 National High Magnetic Field Laboratory의 이경민 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
온-오프 혼합으로 진행되는 세미나입니다.
○ Title: Frustration-induced Athermal Behaviors: Hilbert Space Fragmentation and Quantum Many-Body Scars
○ Speaker: 이 경 민 박사님 (National High Magnetic Field Laboratory)
○ Date/time: 2021. 6. 1 (Tue.) 16:30
○ 온라인 참여방법: https://meet64.webex.com/meet/pr1829909900
○ Place: Natural Science 1, Room No. 31317
○ Abstract: Although most interacting quantum systems thermalize locally on short time scales independent of initial conditions, recent developments have shown that this is not always the case: Athermal behaviors have been observed in disordered systems, and more recently, evidence for athermal eigenstates, known as quantum many-body scars, has emerged in disorder-free models with constrained dynamics. In this talk, I will demonstrate that geometric frustration provides a pathway to athermal behaviors without disorder. In a clean system, local constraints can lead to a fragmented Hilbert space where certain initial states fail to reach the thermal steady state. Such fragmentation naturally arises in many frustrated systems with low-energy “ice manifolds” which gives rise to a broad range of relaxation times for different initial states. Focusing on the highly frustrated kagome lattice, I will discuss the phenomenology of fragmentation in two spin-1/2 Hamiltonians with simple two-body interactions: the Balents-Fisher-Girvin model (easy-axis regime), and the three-coloring model (easy-plane regime), both with constrained Hilbert spaces. Furthermore, I will discuss the existence of quantum many-body scar eigenstates in modified three-coloring models with robust quantum revivals, which can be generalized to other lattices.
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1078818|
|46||2020학년도 2학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2020.07.16||161315|
|45||<Dec.5(Wed.)> 두 펄사 이야기||2018.11.28||161576|
|44||<5/26>BK21 물리연구단 석학초빙 특별 세미나||2010.05.17||162180|
|43||<11/5> Discussion on recent observation of cosmological dipole of alpha||2010.11.04||162584|
|42||<4/18> 삼중항 여기자를 이용한 유기광전소자 연구||2012.04.05||163902|
|41||<5/23> 나노구조 산화물 재료의 기능성-용매화전자에서 전자화합물까지...||2012.05.17||164553|
|40||<6/2> The black hole search at the LHC: critical comment||2011.06.01||164744|
|39||<9/19> Downscaling of self-aligned, all-printed polymer thin-film transistors||2008.09.16||166962|
|38||<11/7> On-Film Formation of Bi Nanowires with Extraordinary Electron Mobility||2008.11.03||170049|
|37||<12/5> Fluerenes with diversed structures and their applications||2008.12.02||172174|
|36||<8/20> Radioprotection effect and anti-tumor immunity by TCM-EF in mice||2013.08.21||177669|
|35||<4/2> Radio Detection of Ultra High Energy Cosmic Rays and Neutrinos in Antarctica||2014.03.26||177938|
|34||<Feb.18(Thu.)> Hund's metallicity in the vicinity of a Van Hove singularity / Correlated topological phases in strongly correlated heterostructures||2021.02.16||178353|
|33||<4/18(금)> 양자물질초전도체창의연구소 초청 세미나||2014.04.15||179306|
|32||<12/4> Shining light on the dark Universe||2013.11.29||182218|
|31||<3/13> Probing hidden magnetism and quantum criticality in unconventional superconductors||2009.03.06||182532|
|30||<Nov. 18(Wed.) 4:30 PM> Single-molecule chemistry and spectroscopy on ultrathin insulating films||2015.11.11||182843|
|29||<12/20(Thu) 2:00pm> Gravitating Spinning Stars (a particle theorist's perspective)||2018.12.17||183831|
|28||<May. 25(Wed.) 4:30 PM> Functional Materials @ Nanoscale: Electronics, Energy and ‘Green’Healthcare Applications||2016.05.23||186655|
|27||<Dec. 1(Wed.)>Halide Perovskite Single Crystals and Thin Films for Solar Cells and Optoelectronics||2021.11.25||194717|