Home > 게시판 > 세미나
위상양자물성 연구실에서 National High Magnetic Field Laboratory의 이경민 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
온-오프 혼합으로 진행되는 세미나입니다.
○ Title: Frustration-induced Athermal Behaviors: Hilbert Space Fragmentation and Quantum Many-Body Scars
○ Speaker: 이 경 민 박사님 (National High Magnetic Field Laboratory)
○ Date/time: 2021. 6. 1 (Tue.) 16:30
○ 온라인 참여방법: https://meet64.webex.com/meet/pr1829909900
○ Place: Natural Science 1, Room No. 31317
○ Abstract: Although most interacting quantum systems thermalize locally on short time scales independent of initial conditions, recent developments have shown that this is not always the case: Athermal behaviors have been observed in disordered systems, and more recently, evidence for athermal eigenstates, known as quantum many-body scars, has emerged in disorder-free models with constrained dynamics. In this talk, I will demonstrate that geometric frustration provides a pathway to athermal behaviors without disorder. In a clean system, local constraints can lead to a fragmented Hilbert space where certain initial states fail to reach the thermal steady state. Such fragmentation naturally arises in many frustrated systems with low-energy “ice manifolds” which gives rise to a broad range of relaxation times for different initial states. Focusing on the highly frustrated kagome lattice, I will discuss the phenomenology of fragmentation in two spin-1/2 Hamiltonians with simple two-body interactions: the Balents-Fisher-Girvin model (easy-axis regime), and the three-coloring model (easy-plane regime), both with constrained Hilbert spaces. Furthermore, I will discuss the existence of quantum many-body scar eigenstates in modified three-coloring models with robust quantum revivals, which can be generalized to other lattices.
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1058919|
|42||<Dec.2(Wed.)>The era of gravitational waves, and the science that makes it possible||2020.11.25||37855|
|41||<July 14(Wed.)> B1g phonon anomaly driven by Fermi surface instability at intermediate temperature in YBa2Cu3O7−δ||2021.07.13||37226|
|40||<Oct.28(Wed.)> Physics of Global Warming||2020.10.22||36722|
|39||<Nov. 5(Fri.)>Strongly Coupled Moire Photonics||2021.11.01||36518|
|38||<Oct. 13(Wed.)> Electric Quantum Oscillation: A New Form of Quantum Oscillation||2021.10.06||35985|
|37||<Nov.13(Wed.)>The Science of Quark-Gluon Plasma||2019.11.06||35887|
|36||<Oct. 27(Wed.)> How interactions shape ecological communities||2021.10.20||32772|
|35||<8/1(Sat.)> Recent Advances in Deep Learning||2020.07.29||30860|
|34||<Nov.11(Wed.)>Nonlinear optics to study charge, spin, and crystalline structures||2020.11.04||29033|
|33||<June 23(Wed.)>Valley Polarization and Exciton Hall Effect in Transition Metal Dichalcogenides||2021.06.22||27060|
|32||<Mar.17(Wed.)> Glue spectrum for superconductivity obtained via optical spectroscopy||2021.03.10||26484|
|31||<Aug. 6(Fru.)> Gravitationally probing dark matter (DM) microphysics||2021.08.03||26431|
|30||<July 21(Wed.)> Strongly Correlative Ionics||2021.07.19||22531|
|29||<May 12(Wed.)> Nanomechanical oscillators for quantum technology||2021.05.06||20586|
|27||<Sep. 8(Wed.)> Utilizing physics to build a trapped-ion quantum computer||2021.09.01||17971|
|26||<Sep.23(Wed.)>나는 내 마음이야||2020.09.16||16395|
|25||<Oct.14(Wed.)>New Ways to Search for the Dark World||2020.10.12||15660|
|24||<Dec.9(Wed.)>한국형 암흑물질 실험||2020.12.02||15239|
|23||<April 28(Wed.)> 손에 잡히는 AI||2021.04.21||10216|