Home > 게시판 > 세미나
고체전자구조계산 연구실에서 홍콩과기원 물리학과의 조교붕 교수님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 08. 19(Mon) 14:00
○ Place: 제1과학관 e+첨단강의실(31214호)
○ Speaker: 조 규 붕 교수님 (물리학과, 홍콩과기원)
○ Title: Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator
○ Abstract: An atomic quantum simulator with ultracold atoms enables us to precisely design, characterize and understand various quantum materials on demand. In this talk, I will introduce the recent progress on the experimental realization of topological matter using ultracold atoms, and discuss a few pedagogical topological models. In particular, I will demonstrate two sets of experiments recently performed at HKUST. First, I will describe the observation of symmetry-protected topological (SPT) phases realized in 1D optical lattices . The observed SPT phase is beyond the Altland-Zirnbauer ten-fold classification, and protected by mirror and a generalized chiral symmetry that can be manipulated in an optical lattice with Raman-induced spin-orbit coupling, with its topology being detected by the spin polarization of Bloch states at highly symmetric points of the Brillouin zone. Secondly, I will discuss the realization of 3D topological band by generalizing the spin-orbit coupling realized in 1D . Despite the significant progresses, the observation of topological band beyond 2D has remained challenging due to the experimental complexity. We developed a novel way to probe 3D band structure in the presence of emergent magnetic group symmetry. This symmetry allows for effectively reconstructing the 3D topological band from a series of measurements of integrated spin textures. As a result, we demonstrate that 3D topological band structure with gapless nodal-lines are realized in simple optical lattice potentials with spin-orbit coupling. Interestingly, the spin dynamics after the quantum quench from the trivial to topological band reflects the intrinsic band topology of the post-quench Hamiltonian, which will be discussed in details for both 1D  and 3D  topological bands.
 Bo Song, Long Zhang, Chengdong He, Ting Fung Jeffrey Poon, Elnur Hajiyev, Shanchao Zhang, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of symmetry-protected topological band with ultracold fermions” Science Advances 4, eaao4748 (2018)
 Bo Song, Chengdong He, Sen Niu, Long Zhang, Zejian Ren, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of nodal-line semimetal with ultracold fermions in an optical lattice”
Nature Physics, in press (2019).
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1089285|
|616||<11/5> Modified nucleic acid systems for biomedical applications||2010.11.01||134928|
|615||<Nov.13(Fri) 16:00> Kondo screening in mixed valence and heavy fermion compounds and the signatures of Nozieres’ exhaustion||2015.11.04||134626|
|614||<5/3> High-Speed MOSFET Technology: State-of-the-Art Strain Engineering||2006.05.02||134513|
|613||2016학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2016.02.03||134173|
|612||<4/4> Novel multi-bit magnetic tagging technique for high-throughput chemical analysis||2008.03.31||133405|
|611||<10/17> Graphitic Carbon Nanostructures||2008.10.27||133243|
|610||<3/19> Bioconjugates of nanomaterials for biochip & biosensor applications||2010.03.16||133133|
|609||<5/29> Nanomaterials Work at NASA-Johnson Space Center||2009.05.25||133094|
|608||<4/21> Experimental and Observational Astrophysics in the Infrared Wavebands||2009.04.17||132329|
|607||<12/3> Characteristic of risk asset in financial market.||2010.11.29||132068|
|606||<4/14> X-ray absorption fine structure analyses on amorphous oxide films||2009.04.06||130757|
|605||<April.17(Wed.)> Emerging Artificial Synapse for Learning- and Energy-Efficient Neuromorphic System||2019.04.11||130350|
|604||2019학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2019.01.08||129851|
|603||<10/28>Grazing Incidence X-ray Diffraction and Surface X-ray Scattering Study of Hematite (α-Fe2O3) Nano-cube||2011.10.26||129711|
|602||<7/21(월)> The rapid neutron capture nucleosynthesis: A hot topic in the Nuclear Astrophysics study||2014.07.15||129676|
|601||<5/1>In vivo optical imaging of hemodynamic changes||2009.05.06||129377|
|600||<4/30(화)> DC (DNA Curtains) and AC (Actin Curtains) in single-molecule biophysics||2013.04.11||128331|
|599||<12/21(금)> Theory of topological quantum phase transitions in 3D noncentrosymmetric systems||2012.12.05||127936|
|598||<3/26> Fractional Hall Physics of Epitaxial Graphene:||2010.03.19||127088|
|597||<7/20(Thu.)14:00>Engineering and probing topological properties of Dirac semimetal films by asymmetric charge transfer||2017.07.18||126748|