Home > 게시판 > 세미나
에피 산화물연구실에서 Los Alamos National Laboratory의 강경태 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2021. 1. 14 (Thu.) 10:00
○ Speaker: 강 경 태 박사님 (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Oxygen sponge effects for epitaxial manganite thin film design
○ Abstract: Ever since the development of high-temperature superconducting thin films, pulsed laser deposition (PLD) has played a central role in realizing high-quality complex oxides. In complex oxide thin films, heterostructure, and nanocomposites, the PLD has been widely utilized for various properties such as ferroelectricity, magnetism. Among the PLD parameters, background oxygen gas and oxide target have been known as the primary oxygen sources to determine the oxygen amount within oxides. So, most conventional oxide films are deposited in the relatively high oxygen partial pressure (50~250 mTorr). Meanwhile, some oxide heterostructures require low oxygen partial pressure, and herein the oxygen vacancies are hardly removed due to the entanglement with the cation off-stoichiometry. In turn, it is extensively demanded to develop a parameter of controlling the oxygen content regardless of the growth pressure, by which enough oxygen can be supply to films for full oxidation even in the low oxygen pressure growth.
Here, we propose the oxygen sponge effect's hypothesis in controlling the oxygen content within the films by using the La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 system . The pre-substrate-annealing (PSA) helps the oxide substrate serve as an oxygen sponge, providing an oxygen-rich or oxygen-poor environment for the film growth. During the PSA, the substrate is heated up in a given oxygen partial pressure right before the film deposition. Moreover, depending on the PSA conditions, the remarkable changes in oxygen content, structure, and functionalities in the as-grown oxide films emerge. The substrate oxygen sponge effect, with the large oxygen concentration gradient at high temperatures, can be applied for emergent interfacial phenomena and the growth of functional oxide thin films and nanocomposites.
 K. T. Kang et al., Appl. Phys. Lett. 117, 151601 (2020).
○ 온라인으로 진행되는 Webniar(Web+Seminar)이며, Webex meetings 프로그램을 통해 진행됩니다.
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1089702|
|301||<Dec. 1(Thur.)> Antiferromagnetic van der Waals materials studied with optical spectroscopy||2022.11.29||2|
|300||<Nov. 21(Mon.)> Strong magneto-elastic coupling observed in ultrafast lattice dynamics of SrRuO3 based superlattices||2022.11.15||35|
|299||<Nov. 11(Fri.)> Nonvanishing anomalous Hall effect in Mn3Al- compensated ferrimagnetic Heusler compound||2022.11.08||88|
|298||<Nov. 11(Fri.)> On the origin of CDW in two-dimensional materials||2022.11.04||87|
|297||<Nov. 3(Thu.)>Terahertz Spectroscopy of Quantum Materials||2022.10.31||3838|
|296||<July 8(Fri.)>Intertwined magnetism and charge density wave in a kagome metal||2022.06.03||1859|
|295||<May. 10(Tue.)>Longitudinal magnon decay in the quasi-two-dimensional antiferromagnet in Ba2FeSi2O7||2022.05.09||2244|
|294||<May. 3(Tue.)>Anomalous Hall signatures of nonsymmorphic nodal lines in the doped chromium chalcospinel CuCr2Se4||2022.04.19||2440|
|293||<Jan. 27(Thu.)>Emulating twisted double bilayer graphene with a multiorbital optical lattice||2022.01.18||3270|
|292||<Nov. 29(Mon.)>Exploring light-matter interactions at atomic scale using electron microscopy||2021.11.22||10119|
|291||<Nov. 5(Fri.)>Strongly Coupled Moire Photonics||2021.11.01||50530|
|290||<Aug. 4(Wed.)>Electronic Properties of Mixed-dimensional 2D/3D Heterostructures||2021.08.04||86882|
|289||<Aug. 6(Fru.)> Gravitationally probing dark matter (DM) microphysics||2021.08.03||37569|
|288||<July 21(Wed.)> Strongly Correlative Ionics||2021.07.19||34554|
|287||<July 14(Wed.)> B1g phonon anomaly driven by Fermi surface instability at intermediate temperature in YBa2Cu3O7−δ||2021.07.13||47188|
|286||<July 7(Wed.)>Functional rare earth ionic defects and the related phenomena||2021.07.02||121346|
|285||<June 30(Wed.)>Mapping of magnetic anisotropy for van der Waals materials||2021.06.25||92673|
|284||<June 23(Wed.)>Valley Polarization and Exciton Hall Effect in Transition Metal Dichalcogenides||2021.06.22||34032|
|283||<June 10(Thu.)>Oxide electronics utilizing spin-orbit coupling||2021.05.31||167375|
|282||<June 01(Tue.)>Frustration-induced Athermal Behaviors: Hilbert Space Fragmentation and Quantum Many-Body Scars||2021.05.24||46842|