Home > 게시판 > 세미나
고체전자구조계산 연구실에서 강원대학교 물리학과의 김흥식 교수님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참여를 부탁 드립니다.
오프라인으로 진행되는 세미나입니다.
○ Topic: Anomalous Hall signatures of nonsymmorphic nodal lines in the doped chromium chalcospinel CuCr2Se4
○ Speaker: 김 흥 식 교수님 (강원대학교 물리학과)
○ Date/time: 2022. 5. 3. (Tue.) 4:00 PM
○ Place: Natural Science 1, Room No. 31317
○ Abstract: An emerging phase of matter among the class of topological materials is nodal line semimetals, possessing symmetry-protected one-dimensional gapless lines at (or close to) the Fermi level in k space. When the k dispersion of the nodal line is weak, van Hove singularities generated by the almost flat nodal lines may be prone to instabilities introduced by additional perturbations such as spin-orbit coupling or magnetism. Here, we study the Cr-based ferromagnetic chalcospinel compound CuCr2Se4 (CCS) via first-principles electronic structure methods and reveal the true origin of its dissipationless anomalous Hall conductivity, which was not well understood previously. We find that CCS hosts nodal lines protected by nonsymmorphic symmetries, located in the vicinity of Fermi level, and that such nodal lines are the origin of the previously observed distinct behavior of the anomalous Hall signature in the presence of electron doping. The splitting of the nodal line via spin-orbit coupling produces a large Berry curvature, which leads to a significant response in anomalous Hall conductivity. Upon electron doping via chemical substitution or gating, or rotation of magnetization via external magnetic field, noticeable change of anomalous Hall behavior occurs, which makes CCS a promising compound for low-energy spintronics applications.
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1090827|
|698||<6/21> Nuclear Astrophysics in Effective Field Theories||2012.06.20||87530|
|697||<7월27일>Correlated topological phases in 3D complex oxides via Green's functions||2012.07.27||99916|
|696||<8/7> Scotch tape and spectroscopy: probing and manipulating the surface of a topological insulator||2012.07.27||92259|
|695||<9/7(금)> Kondo Effect in Chiral Orbital Bands||2012.08.31||77564|
|694||<9/7> On Dark Matter and its indirect detection with box-shaped gamma-rays||2012.09.05||74048|
|693||<9/14> High temperature superconductivity and fluctuating stripe||2012.09.10||71105|
|692||<9/20> Time-reversal anomaly in Josephson effect involving Majorana fermions||2012.09.20||208133|
|691||<10/8 (월)>물리학과 특별세미나 개최 안내||2012.10.05||99276|
|690||<10/5> Gauge fields. Past, present, future.||2012.10.05||71979|
|689||<10/12> Kondo Effect in a Quantum-Dot-Topological-Superconductor Junction: A Numerical Renormalization Group Analysis||2012.10.08||96713|
|688||<10/23> Measuring Transfer Reactions with Radioactive Beams||2012.10.15||89638|
|687||<11/22> Spin polarization of photoelectrons from a topological insulator||2012.10.22||71413|
|686||<10/24> Dung-hai Lee 교수와의 간담회||2012.10.23||71715|
|685||<11/5> Optical spectroscopic probe on the surface state in three dimensional topological insulators||2012.10.24||78394|
|684||<11/21> Cosmological viable scalar-tensor theories of gravity||2012.11.16||110500|
|683||<12/3> Magnetic couplings, optical spectra, and spin-orbit exciton in 5d Mott insulator Sr2IrO4||2012.11.26||458508|
|682||<11/28> Extremal Black Holes and Holographic C-theorem||2012.11.28||107499|
|681||<12/21(금)> Generic quantum spin ice||2012.12.03||80456|
|680||<12/21(금)> Theory of topological quantum phase transitions in 3D noncentrosymmetric systems||2012.12.05||128553|
|679||<12/12> lattice structure in holographic models||2012.12.12||87922|