Home > 게시판 > 세미나
양자물질초전도연구실에서 로스알라모스 국립연구소의 Roman Movshovich 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 02. 08(Fri.) 11:00
○ Place: Creative Room on 7th Floor of Samsung Library
○ Speaker: Dr. Roman Movshovich (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5
○ Abstract: CeCoIn5 is a heavy fermion superconductor with superconducting transition temperature Tc = 2.3 K and superconducting critical field Hc2 = 12 Tesla when the field is applied in the a-b plane of this tetragonal material. Specific heat measurements revealed an anomaly that carved out a novel high field superconducting (HFSC) phase, possibly a long sought after spatially inhomogeneous Fulde-Ferrel-Larkin-Ovchinnikov (FFLO) state. Further NMR and neutron scattering measurements revealed a magnetic spin density wave (SDW) order stabilized in the HFSC phase, and therefore relying on the present d-wave superconductivity for its existence. Recent neutron scattering measurements  indicated that the SDW order in the HFSC phase is single-domain. The ordering wave-vector Q switches abruptly when magnetic field is rotated through the anti-nodal  direction, with Q choosing the direction (node) more perpendicular to the magnetic field. Inspired by these results, we performed thermal conductivity measurements in rotating magnetic field. The sample, polished with a long axis in the  direction of the tetragonal CeCoIn5, nodal for its dx2-y2 order parameter, was mounted with c-axis parallel to the horizontal axis of rotation of a piezo-electric rotator. Q in our experiment, therefore, switched from being parallel to perpendicular to the direction of the heat current. The sign of the change in thermal conductivity upon switching of Q provide a clear evidence for a third order, in addition to SC d-wave and SDW. We identify it as a p-wave pair density wave (PDW), intertwined with two others in the HFSC phase . Further measurements of the Nd-doped CeCoIn5 indicate that the phenomena of p-wave PDW in the presence of d-wave superconductivity and SDW order may be a general phenomenon. 
 Duk Y. Kim, Shi-Zeng Lin, Franziska Weickert, Michel Kenzelmann, Eric D. Bauer, Filip Ronning, J. D. Thompson, and Roman Movshovich (2016) Phys. Rev. X 6: 041059.
 S. Gerber, M. Bartkowiak, J. L. Gavilano, E. Ressouche, N. Egetenmeyer, C. Niedermayer, A. D. Bianchi, R. Movshovich, E. D. Bauer, J. D. Thompson, and M. Kenzelmann (2004) Nat. Phys. 10: 126.
 Duk Y. Kim, et al., Phys. Rev. B 97, 245120 (2018)
|공지||2022학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2022.01.10||2208|
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||813492|
|588||<12/19> The BLG Theory in Light-Cone Superspace||2009.12.15||77649|
|587||<1/28> Steps towards a non-relativistic AdS/CFT||2010.01.25||88027|
|586||<2/1> The Surface Science of Adsorption on Crystalline Ferroelectric Polymer Surfaces||2010.01.25||76025|
|585||<2/16>Development of Micromegas detectors for neutron physics||2010.02.01||80209|
|584||<4/2> Supersymmetric vacua of mass-deformed M2-brane theory||2010.03.29||76410|
|583||<4/27> Organic-based Magnet and Organic-based spintronics : New science and Technologies||2010.04.22||77916|
|582||<5/26>BK21 물리연구단 석학초빙 특별 세미나||2010.05.17||104019|
|581||<6/18> A consistent truncation of D=11 supergravity to D=4, N=2 supergravity using wrapped M5-branes||2010.06.10||74012|
|580||<7/9> Strange Metallic Behavior in Anisotropic Background||2010.07.01||76975|
|579||<7/28> NQR/NMR study on a single crystal of LiFeAs||2010.07.20||86365|
|578||<7/21> Next generation cryogenic free 1.5T MgB2-magnet based MRI||2010.07.20||76341|
|577||<8/4> Remarks on the Scalar Graviton and Consistency of Horava Gravity||2010.07.28||86031|
|576||<8/17> AdS Black Hole Solutions in Extended New Massive Gravity||2010.08.16||77229|
|575||<9/1> 원자핵 자기공명(Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) 해설 - 원자선에서 영상까지||2010.08.30||88293|
|574||<10/15> How can population pyramids be used to explore the past?||2010.10.14||86512|
|573||<11/5> Discussion on recent observation of cosmological dipole of alpha||2010.11.04||97814|
|572||<11/26> Effective Holographic Theories for Condensed Matter Systems||2010.11.23||76365|
|571||<11/29> Kahler Inflation and WMAP7 data - a top down approach to Cosmology||2010.11.25||76597|
|570||<12/21> Special Seminar by Professor Ilya Vekhter||2010.11.30||89303|
|569||<1/24> Basics of Gravitational Perturbatiosn||2011.01.19||79689|