Home > 게시판 > 세미나
고체전자구조계산 연구실에서 홍콩과기원 물리학과의 조교붕 교수님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 08. 19(Mon) 14:00
○ Place: 제1과학관 e+첨단강의실(31214호)
○ Speaker: 조 규 붕 교수님 (물리학과, 홍콩과기원)
○ Title: Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator
○ Abstract: An atomic quantum simulator with ultracold atoms enables us to precisely design, characterize and understand various quantum materials on demand. In this talk, I will introduce the recent progress on the experimental realization of topological matter using ultracold atoms, and discuss a few pedagogical topological models. In particular, I will demonstrate two sets of experiments recently performed at HKUST. First, I will describe the observation of symmetry-protected topological (SPT) phases realized in 1D optical lattices . The observed SPT phase is beyond the Altland-Zirnbauer ten-fold classification, and protected by mirror and a generalized chiral symmetry that can be manipulated in an optical lattice with Raman-induced spin-orbit coupling, with its topology being detected by the spin polarization of Bloch states at highly symmetric points of the Brillouin zone. Secondly, I will discuss the realization of 3D topological band by generalizing the spin-orbit coupling realized in 1D . Despite the significant progresses, the observation of topological band beyond 2D has remained challenging due to the experimental complexity. We developed a novel way to probe 3D band structure in the presence of emergent magnetic group symmetry. This symmetry allows for effectively reconstructing the 3D topological band from a series of measurements of integrated spin textures. As a result, we demonstrate that 3D topological band structure with gapless nodal-lines are realized in simple optical lattice potentials with spin-orbit coupling. Interestingly, the spin dynamics after the quantum quench from the trivial to topological band reflects the intrinsic band topology of the post-quench Hamiltonian, which will be discussed in details for both 1D  and 3D  topological bands.
 Bo Song, Long Zhang, Chengdong He, Ting Fung Jeffrey Poon, Elnur Hajiyev, Shanchao Zhang, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of symmetry-protected topological band with ultracold fermions” Science Advances 4, eaao4748 (2018)
 Bo Song, Chengdong He, Sen Niu, Long Zhang, Zejian Ren, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of nodal-line semimetal with ultracold fermions in an optical lattice”
Nature Physics, in press (2019).
|공지||2022학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2022.01.10||814|
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||812772|
|587||<12/19> The BLG Theory in Light-Cone Superspace||2009.12.15||77531|
|586||<1/28> Steps towards a non-relativistic AdS/CFT||2010.01.25||87913|
|585||<2/1> The Surface Science of Adsorption on Crystalline Ferroelectric Polymer Surfaces||2010.01.25||75904|
|584||<2/16>Development of Micromegas detectors for neutron physics||2010.02.01||80109|
|583||<4/2> Supersymmetric vacua of mass-deformed M2-brane theory||2010.03.29||76049|
|582||<4/27> Organic-based Magnet and Organic-based spintronics : New science and Technologies||2010.04.22||77847|
|581||<5/26>BK21 물리연구단 석학초빙 특별 세미나||2010.05.17||103284|
|580||<6/18> A consistent truncation of D=11 supergravity to D=4, N=2 supergravity using wrapped M5-branes||2010.06.10||73876|
|579||<7/9> Strange Metallic Behavior in Anisotropic Background||2010.07.01||76905|
|578||<7/28> NQR/NMR study on a single crystal of LiFeAs||2010.07.20||86222|
|577||<7/21> Next generation cryogenic free 1.5T MgB2-magnet based MRI||2010.07.20||76275|
|576||<8/4> Remarks on the Scalar Graviton and Consistency of Horava Gravity||2010.07.28||85910|
|575||<8/17> AdS Black Hole Solutions in Extended New Massive Gravity||2010.08.16||77091|
|574||<9/1> 원자핵 자기공명(Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) 해설 - 원자선에서 영상까지||2010.08.30||88269|
|573||<10/15> How can population pyramids be used to explore the past?||2010.10.14||86374|
|572||<11/5> Discussion on recent observation of cosmological dipole of alpha||2010.11.04||97506|
|571||<11/26> Effective Holographic Theories for Condensed Matter Systems||2010.11.23||76278|
|570||<11/29> Kahler Inflation and WMAP7 data - a top down approach to Cosmology||2010.11.25||76484|
|569||<12/21> Special Seminar by Professor Ilya Vekhter||2010.11.30||89049|
|568||<1/24> Basics of Gravitational Perturbatiosn||2011.01.19||79599|