Home > 게시판 > 세미나
고체전자구조계산 연구실에서 홍콩과기원 물리학과의 조교붕 교수님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 08. 19(Mon) 14:00
○ Place: 제1과학관 e+첨단강의실(31214호)
○ Speaker: 조 규 붕 교수님 (물리학과, 홍콩과기원)
○ Title: Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator
○ Abstract: An atomic quantum simulator with ultracold atoms enables us to precisely design, characterize and understand various quantum materials on demand. In this talk, I will introduce the recent progress on the experimental realization of topological matter using ultracold atoms, and discuss a few pedagogical topological models. In particular, I will demonstrate two sets of experiments recently performed at HKUST. First, I will describe the observation of symmetry-protected topological (SPT) phases realized in 1D optical lattices . The observed SPT phase is beyond the Altland-Zirnbauer ten-fold classification, and protected by mirror and a generalized chiral symmetry that can be manipulated in an optical lattice with Raman-induced spin-orbit coupling, with its topology being detected by the spin polarization of Bloch states at highly symmetric points of the Brillouin zone. Secondly, I will discuss the realization of 3D topological band by generalizing the spin-orbit coupling realized in 1D . Despite the significant progresses, the observation of topological band beyond 2D has remained challenging due to the experimental complexity. We developed a novel way to probe 3D band structure in the presence of emergent magnetic group symmetry. This symmetry allows for effectively reconstructing the 3D topological band from a series of measurements of integrated spin textures. As a result, we demonstrate that 3D topological band structure with gapless nodal-lines are realized in simple optical lattice potentials with spin-orbit coupling. Interestingly, the spin dynamics after the quantum quench from the trivial to topological band reflects the intrinsic band topology of the post-quench Hamiltonian, which will be discussed in details for both 1D  and 3D  topological bands.
 Bo Song, Long Zhang, Chengdong He, Ting Fung Jeffrey Poon, Elnur Hajiyev, Shanchao Zhang, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of symmetry-protected topological band with ultracold fermions” Science Advances 4, eaao4748 (2018)
 Bo Song, Chengdong He, Sen Niu, Long Zhang, Zejian Ren, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of nodal-line semimetal with ultracold fermions in an optical lattice”
Nature Physics, in press (2019).
|공지||2022학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2022.01.10||28106|
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||974502|
|580||<1/25> Perturbation during Inflation||2011.01.19||81665|
|579||<1/26> Hamiltonian formalism||2011.01.19||88870|
|578||<2/14> Complex network models for mobile ad hoc networks||2011.02.11||86045|
|577||<2/14> An inverse voter model for co-evolutionary networks: stationary efficiency||2011.02.11||86548|
|576||<2/15> Geometric distance-dependent percolations in networks on two-dimensional planes||2011.02.11||85605|
|575||<2/14> Basics of Gravitational Perturbatiosn||2011.02.11||82126|
|574||<2/15> Perturbation during Inflation||2011.02.11||85411|
|572||<4/19> Nuclear Reaction Theories||2011.04.14||93239|
|571||<4/22> How Many is Different? Ideal Bose gas revisited||2011.04.22||90878|
|570||<6/2> The black hole search at the LHC: critical comment||2011.06.01||147282|
|569||<6/10> 초전도 분야 특별세미나 개최||2011.06.01||80036|
|568||<7/14> Calculating the partition function of N=2 Gauge theories on $S^3$ and AdS/CFT correspondence||2011.07.12||87680|
|567||<9/7> Magnets and Science at the NHMFL||2011.09.06||79575|
|566||<9/20> 초전도분야 특별초청세미나 개최||2011.09.16||79292|
|565||<10/28>Grazing Incidence X-ray Diffraction and Surface X-ray Scattering Study of Hematite (α-Fe2O3) Nano-cube||2011.10.26||102582|
|564||<11/3> Special Seminar - "2011 Nobel Physics: The beginning and the end of the universe"||2011.10.27||77356|
|563||BK 석학초청 특별세미나 - Frustration and dimensional reduction in multi-orbital systems||2011.10.28||115179|
|562||<3/22> 석학초청 특별강연 – Pyeongyang Advances Its Nuclear Program||2012.03.07||64233|
|561||<3/14> Proto-neutron star||2012.03.08||65196|