Home > 게시판 > 세미나
고체전자구조계산 연구실에서 홍콩과기원 물리학과의 조교붕 교수님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 08. 19(Mon) 14:00
○ Place: 제1과학관 e+첨단강의실(31214호)
○ Speaker: 조 규 붕 교수님 (물리학과, 홍콩과기원)
○ Title: Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator
○ Abstract: An atomic quantum simulator with ultracold atoms enables us to precisely design, characterize and understand various quantum materials on demand. In this talk, I will introduce the recent progress on the experimental realization of topological matter using ultracold atoms, and discuss a few pedagogical topological models. In particular, I will demonstrate two sets of experiments recently performed at HKUST. First, I will describe the observation of symmetry-protected topological (SPT) phases realized in 1D optical lattices . The observed SPT phase is beyond the Altland-Zirnbauer ten-fold classification, and protected by mirror and a generalized chiral symmetry that can be manipulated in an optical lattice with Raman-induced spin-orbit coupling, with its topology being detected by the spin polarization of Bloch states at highly symmetric points of the Brillouin zone. Secondly, I will discuss the realization of 3D topological band by generalizing the spin-orbit coupling realized in 1D . Despite the significant progresses, the observation of topological band beyond 2D has remained challenging due to the experimental complexity. We developed a novel way to probe 3D band structure in the presence of emergent magnetic group symmetry. This symmetry allows for effectively reconstructing the 3D topological band from a series of measurements of integrated spin textures. As a result, we demonstrate that 3D topological band structure with gapless nodal-lines are realized in simple optical lattice potentials with spin-orbit coupling. Interestingly, the spin dynamics after the quantum quench from the trivial to topological band reflects the intrinsic band topology of the post-quench Hamiltonian, which will be discussed in details for both 1D  and 3D  topological bands.
 Bo Song, Long Zhang, Chengdong He, Ting Fung Jeffrey Poon, Elnur Hajiyev, Shanchao Zhang, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of symmetry-protected topological band with ultracold fermions” Science Advances 4, eaao4748 (2018)
 Bo Song, Chengdong He, Sen Niu, Long Zhang, Zejian Ren, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of nodal-line semimetal with ultracold fermions in an optical lattice”
Nature Physics, in press (2019).
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1059582|
|462||<9/21> 금융공학과 금융산업||2007.09.17||71305|
|461||<12/5> 과학용어와 의학용어에 숨겨진 이야기||2012.11.28||71306|
|460||<5/30> Dark Energy||2012.05.23||71406|
|459||<8/1(Wed.) 4:00pm>Band Topology in Nodal Line Semimetals with Z2 Monopole Charges||2018.07.23||71505|
|458||<7/12(Tue.) 11:00> Spin-direction-dependent magnetoelastic coupling on MnO, CoO, and NiO||2016.07.01||71765|
|457||<5/1> Supersymmetry Breaking in Chern-Simons-matter Theories||2012.04.30||71781|
|456||<May.22(Wed.)> Introduction to exotic quantum states in solids||2019.05.15||71785|
|455||<Sep. 16(Wed.) 4:30 PM> Watching molecular targets in living bodies: the cutting edge in clinical medicine||2015.09.09||71893|
|454||<Dec.4(Wed.)>2D materials based metasurfaces & THz near-field spectroscopy||2019.11.27||71985|
|453||<11/20> 마침내 발견된 신의 입자: 힉스 보존||2013.11.14||72063|
|452||<10/1(Tue.) Mini-Workshop on BSM Physics with Neutrino Detectors||2019.09.30||72152|
|450||<3/28> 양자물리학의 성립 과정||2012.03.22||72389|
|449||<5/9> Searching for 5th dimension||2012.05.03||72403|
|448||<April.4(Wed.) 4:30 PM>From Static to Dynamic Multiferroics||2018.03.29||72469|
|447||<March. 16(Wed.) 4:30 PM> 초고속반도체의 블랙다이아몬드™,low-k||2016.03.10||72520|
|446||<6/1> 암흑물질 탐색||2007.05.28||72702|
|445||<7/2> Dyonic Instanton and Its Higgs Structures||2008.07.01||72707|
|444||<9/7> On Dark Matter and its indirect detection with box-shaped gamma-rays||2012.09.05||72742|
|443||<4/24> How to introduce the monopole in quantum mechanics?||2012.04.23||72765|