Home > 게시판 > 세미나
고체전자구조계산 연구실에서 홍콩과기원 물리학과의 조교붕 교수님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 08. 19(Mon) 14:00
○ Place: 제1과학관 e+첨단강의실(31214호)
○ Speaker: 조 규 붕 교수님 (물리학과, 홍콩과기원)
○ Title: Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator
○ Abstract: An atomic quantum simulator with ultracold atoms enables us to precisely design, characterize and understand various quantum materials on demand. In this talk, I will introduce the recent progress on the experimental realization of topological matter using ultracold atoms, and discuss a few pedagogical topological models. In particular, I will demonstrate two sets of experiments recently performed at HKUST. First, I will describe the observation of symmetry-protected topological (SPT) phases realized in 1D optical lattices . The observed SPT phase is beyond the Altland-Zirnbauer ten-fold classification, and protected by mirror and a generalized chiral symmetry that can be manipulated in an optical lattice with Raman-induced spin-orbit coupling, with its topology being detected by the spin polarization of Bloch states at highly symmetric points of the Brillouin zone. Secondly, I will discuss the realization of 3D topological band by generalizing the spin-orbit coupling realized in 1D . Despite the significant progresses, the observation of topological band beyond 2D has remained challenging due to the experimental complexity. We developed a novel way to probe 3D band structure in the presence of emergent magnetic group symmetry. This symmetry allows for effectively reconstructing the 3D topological band from a series of measurements of integrated spin textures. As a result, we demonstrate that 3D topological band structure with gapless nodal-lines are realized in simple optical lattice potentials with spin-orbit coupling. Interestingly, the spin dynamics after the quantum quench from the trivial to topological band reflects the intrinsic band topology of the post-quench Hamiltonian, which will be discussed in details for both 1D  and 3D  topological bands.
 Bo Song, Long Zhang, Chengdong He, Ting Fung Jeffrey Poon, Elnur Hajiyev, Shanchao Zhang, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of symmetry-protected topological band with ultracold fermions” Science Advances 4, eaao4748 (2018)
 Bo Song, Chengdong He, Sen Niu, Long Zhang, Zejian Ren, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of nodal-line semimetal with ultracold fermions in an optical lattice”
Nature Physics, in press (2019).
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1078557|
|445||<10/28> Magneto-electric response of multiferroic chiral magnets||2013.10.21||74964|
|444||<4/6> Observation of Reactor Electron Antineutrino Disappearance in the RENO Experiment||2012.04.04||74983|
|443||<3/19> 고자기장 하에서 반도체 양자구조의 광전이 특성||2014.03.13||75018|
|442||<10/31> 학부생을 위한 입자물리학및 끈이론 소개||2008.10.27||75094|
|441||<Dec. 9(Wed.) 4:30 PM>Direct detection of dark matter at Underground||2015.12.03||75341|
|439||<1/16> Higgs-to-diphoton rate in type II seesaw models||2013.01.11||75419|
|438||<12/12> lattice structure in holographic models||2012.12.12||75548|
|437||<May.22(Wed.)> Introduction to exotic quantum states in solids||2019.05.15||75602|
|436||<3/28> Nanoscale Physics related to Resistance Switchings &Its Applications to Resistance RAM||2008.03.24||75732|
|435||<12/12> 나노물리학과 컴퓨터 시뮬레이션||2008.12.08||75744|
|434||<Sep. 27(Wed.) 4:30 PM> Triboelectric and Piezoelectric Nanogenerators for Self-Powered Electronics||2017.09.20||75807|
|433||<10/23> Measuring Transfer Reactions with Radioactive Beams||2012.10.15||75930|
|432||<4/7(화)> 특별초청세미나 개최 안내||2015.04.01||75976|
|431||<11/14> 한방의료기기에서 나노소자의 활용||2008.11.11||76016|
|430||<Nov.4(Wed.)>Progresses in Elucidating the Optoelectronic Properties of Perovskite Semiconductor||2020.10.28||76089|
|429||<3/11(Mon) 10:30 am ~ >Probing Dark Matter at LIGO and Beyond||2019.03.04||76252|
|428||<4/21(월) 오후 2시> Optical properties of iron-based conductors and superconductors||2014.04.15||76319|
|427||<4/7> Structure and Dynamics of Complex Networks||2006.04.03||76329|
|426||<9/7(금)> Kondo Effect in Chiral Orbital Bands||2012.08.31||76393|