Home > 게시판 > 세미나
고체전자구조계산 연구실에서 홍콩과기원 물리학과의 조교붕 교수님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 08. 19(Mon) 14:00
○ Place: 제1과학관 e+첨단강의실(31214호)
○ Speaker: 조 규 붕 교수님 (물리학과, 홍콩과기원)
○ Title: Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator
○ Abstract: An atomic quantum simulator with ultracold atoms enables us to precisely design, characterize and understand various quantum materials on demand. In this talk, I will introduce the recent progress on the experimental realization of topological matter using ultracold atoms, and discuss a few pedagogical topological models. In particular, I will demonstrate two sets of experiments recently performed at HKUST. First, I will describe the observation of symmetry-protected topological (SPT) phases realized in 1D optical lattices . The observed SPT phase is beyond the Altland-Zirnbauer ten-fold classification, and protected by mirror and a generalized chiral symmetry that can be manipulated in an optical lattice with Raman-induced spin-orbit coupling, with its topology being detected by the spin polarization of Bloch states at highly symmetric points of the Brillouin zone. Secondly, I will discuss the realization of 3D topological band by generalizing the spin-orbit coupling realized in 1D . Despite the significant progresses, the observation of topological band beyond 2D has remained challenging due to the experimental complexity. We developed a novel way to probe 3D band structure in the presence of emergent magnetic group symmetry. This symmetry allows for effectively reconstructing the 3D topological band from a series of measurements of integrated spin textures. As a result, we demonstrate that 3D topological band structure with gapless nodal-lines are realized in simple optical lattice potentials with spin-orbit coupling. Interestingly, the spin dynamics after the quantum quench from the trivial to topological band reflects the intrinsic band topology of the post-quench Hamiltonian, which will be discussed in details for both 1D  and 3D  topological bands.
 Bo Song, Long Zhang, Chengdong He, Ting Fung Jeffrey Poon, Elnur Hajiyev, Shanchao Zhang, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of symmetry-protected topological band with ultracold fermions” Science Advances 4, eaao4748 (2018)
 Bo Song, Chengdong He, Sen Niu, Long Zhang, Zejian Ren, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of nodal-line semimetal with ultracold fermions in an optical lattice”
Nature Physics, in press (2019).
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1089854|
|437||<4/24> How to introduce the monopole in quantum mechanics?||2012.04.23||77425|
|436||<12/12> lattice structure in holographic models||2012.12.12||77464|
|435||<9/7(금)> Kondo Effect in Chiral Orbital Bands||2012.08.31||77467|
|432||<11/10>Mutifunctional Magnetic Oxides (다 기능성 자성 산화물)||2006.11.08||77763|
|431||<5/15>강상관 전자계의 열전변환 응용||2009.05.08||77822|
|430||<10/23> Measuring Transfer Reactions with Radioactive Beams||2012.10.15||77913|
|429||<9/10> Low temperature graphene synthesis||2010.08.30||77968|
|428||<4/20> Chern-Simons gauge theories and M2 brane CFTs||2009.04.09||78002|
|427||<11/30> Spinning Black Holes: key to Gamma-ray Bur...||2007.11.26||78169|
|426||<4/21(월) 오후 2시> Optical properties of iron-based conductors and superconductors||2014.04.15||78212|
|425||<4/17>고온초전도 2세대 선재 : 현황 및 전망||2009.05.06||78319|
|424||<11/5> Optical spectroscopic probe on the surface state in three dimensional topological insulators||2012.10.24||78333|
|423||<4/7(화)> 특별초청세미나 개최 안내||2015.04.01||78364|
|422||<11/21>Super B factory @ KEK||2008.11.19||78413|
|421||<3/16> Introduction to Experimental Nuclear Astrophysics||2007.03.15||78474|
|420||<10/9> 금속 단결정 물성과 자성 반도체 연구||2009.10.06||78485|
|419||<11/14>Oxide heterostructure and multifunctional devices||2006.11.10||78659|
|418||<12/6(Fri.)>topological phase transitions in Kitaev quantum spin liquids.||2019.12.04||78698|