Home > 게시판 > 세미나
양자물질초전도연구실에서 로스알라모스 국립연구소의 Roman Movshovich 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 02. 08(Fri.) 11:00
○ Place: Creative Room on 7th Floor of Samsung Library
○ Speaker: Dr. Roman Movshovich (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5
○ Abstract: CeCoIn5 is a heavy fermion superconductor with superconducting transition temperature Tc = 2.3 K and superconducting critical field Hc2 = 12 Tesla when the field is applied in the a-b plane of this tetragonal material. Specific heat measurements revealed an anomaly that carved out a novel high field superconducting (HFSC) phase, possibly a long sought after spatially inhomogeneous Fulde-Ferrel-Larkin-Ovchinnikov (FFLO) state. Further NMR and neutron scattering measurements revealed a magnetic spin density wave (SDW) order stabilized in the HFSC phase, and therefore relying on the present d-wave superconductivity for its existence. Recent neutron scattering measurements  indicated that the SDW order in the HFSC phase is single-domain. The ordering wave-vector Q switches abruptly when magnetic field is rotated through the anti-nodal  direction, with Q choosing the direction (node) more perpendicular to the magnetic field. Inspired by these results, we performed thermal conductivity measurements in rotating magnetic field. The sample, polished with a long axis in the  direction of the tetragonal CeCoIn5, nodal for its dx2-y2 order parameter, was mounted with c-axis parallel to the horizontal axis of rotation of a piezo-electric rotator. Q in our experiment, therefore, switched from being parallel to perpendicular to the direction of the heat current. The sign of the change in thermal conductivity upon switching of Q provide a clear evidence for a third order, in addition to SC d-wave and SDW. We identify it as a p-wave pair density wave (PDW), intertwined with two others in the HFSC phase . Further measurements of the Nd-doped CeCoIn5 indicate that the phenomena of p-wave PDW in the presence of d-wave superconductivity and SDW order may be a general phenomenon. 
 Duk Y. Kim, Shi-Zeng Lin, Franziska Weickert, Michel Kenzelmann, Eric D. Bauer, Filip Ronning, J. D. Thompson, and Roman Movshovich (2016) Phys. Rev. X 6: 041059.
 S. Gerber, M. Bartkowiak, J. L. Gavilano, E. Ressouche, N. Egetenmeyer, C. Niedermayer, A. D. Bianchi, R. Movshovich, E. D. Bauer, J. D. Thompson, and M. Kenzelmann (2004) Nat. Phys. 10: 126.
 Duk Y. Kim, et al., Phys. Rev. B 97, 245120 (2018)
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1079008|
|266||<6/9> Status and Prospects of Big Science in Korea||2006.06.05||89682|
|265||<3/12> Where, when and how atomic nuclei were cooked in universe?||2014.03.07||89690|
|264||<May.9(Wed.) 4:30 PM> "How gold was produced in the universe?"||2018.05.02||89863|
|263||<1/14>Dark Matter signals from PAMELA and ATIC||2009.01.12||89875|
|262||2015학년도 2학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2015.08.06||90026|
|261||<4/16>같은 곳을 바라보는 다른 시선||2010.04.09||90099|
|259||<8/7> Scotch tape and spectroscopy: probing and manipulating the surface of a topological insulator||2012.07.27||90248|
|258||<5/3> APOLLO Program: Understanding Neutron-Rich Nuclei for r-Process Nucleosynthesis||2012.05.03||90286|
|257||<Oct.20(Tue) 10:00-12:00> Novel quantum transport in Weyl semimetals and double-Weyl semimetals||2015.10.23||90376|
|256||<3/21> 우주가속팽창의 원인 규명||2012.03.15||90531|
|255||<11/23> Hot/Dense QCD||2007.11.16||90643|
|254||<8/7> Scotch tape and spectroscopy: probing and manipulating the surface of a topological insulator||2012.07.27||90647|
|253||<8/17> Is Quantum Criticality a Key to Unconventional Superconductivity?||2006.08.09||90707|
|252||<5/7> Contribution of Internal and Surface Traps to Blinking Statistics in Colloidal Quantum Dots||2014.04.30||90864|
|251||<6/10> Traffic Problem in Physics and Its Application||2008.06.10||91041|
|250||<Sep. 9(Wed.) 4:30 PM> Electronic structures of strongly-correlated systems||2015.09.03||91085|
|249||<4/2> Supersymmetric vacua of mass-deformed M2-brane theory||2010.03.29||91153|
|248||<8/19(Mon) 13:30 ~ >Detection of cosmic rays in the PeV to EeV energy range||2019.08.16||91199|
|247||<5/29> Study on the electronic interactions in solids under high magnetic fields||2013.05.23||91252|