Home > 게시판 > 세미나
양자물질초전도연구실에서 로스알라모스 국립연구소의 Roman Movshovich 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 02. 08(Fri.) 11:00
○ Place: Creative Room on 7th Floor of Samsung Library
○ Speaker: Dr. Roman Movshovich (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5
○ Abstract: CeCoIn5 is a heavy fermion superconductor with superconducting transition temperature Tc = 2.3 K and superconducting critical field Hc2 = 12 Tesla when the field is applied in the a-b plane of this tetragonal material. Specific heat measurements revealed an anomaly that carved out a novel high field superconducting (HFSC) phase, possibly a long sought after spatially inhomogeneous Fulde-Ferrel-Larkin-Ovchinnikov (FFLO) state. Further NMR and neutron scattering measurements revealed a magnetic spin density wave (SDW) order stabilized in the HFSC phase, and therefore relying on the present d-wave superconductivity for its existence. Recent neutron scattering measurements  indicated that the SDW order in the HFSC phase is single-domain. The ordering wave-vector Q switches abruptly when magnetic field is rotated through the anti-nodal  direction, with Q choosing the direction (node) more perpendicular to the magnetic field. Inspired by these results, we performed thermal conductivity measurements in rotating magnetic field. The sample, polished with a long axis in the  direction of the tetragonal CeCoIn5, nodal for its dx2-y2 order parameter, was mounted with c-axis parallel to the horizontal axis of rotation of a piezo-electric rotator. Q in our experiment, therefore, switched from being parallel to perpendicular to the direction of the heat current. The sign of the change in thermal conductivity upon switching of Q provide a clear evidence for a third order, in addition to SC d-wave and SDW. We identify it as a p-wave pair density wave (PDW), intertwined with two others in the HFSC phase . Further measurements of the Nd-doped CeCoIn5 indicate that the phenomena of p-wave PDW in the presence of d-wave superconductivity and SDW order may be a general phenomenon. 
 Duk Y. Kim, Shi-Zeng Lin, Franziska Weickert, Michel Kenzelmann, Eric D. Bauer, Filip Ronning, J. D. Thompson, and Roman Movshovich (2016) Phys. Rev. X 6: 041059.
 S. Gerber, M. Bartkowiak, J. L. Gavilano, E. Ressouche, N. Egetenmeyer, C. Niedermayer, A. D. Bianchi, R. Movshovich, E. D. Bauer, J. D. Thompson, and M. Kenzelmann (2004) Nat. Phys. 10: 126.
 Duk Y. Kim, et al., Phys. Rev. B 97, 245120 (2018)
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1090785|
|218||<11/4 오후 3:30> Surface impurity induced self energy in bulk on a topological insulator||2013.10.23||97263|
|217||<11/26> The Carbon New Age||2010.11.18||97536|
|216||<3/9> Understanding the Nature of Metal-Insulator Transition in a Single Crystalline VO2 nanowires||2011.03.04||98414|
|215||<12/14> Breakup-Fusion and Knockout-Fusion Approach to Pre-Equilibrium Processes||2009.12.11||98695|
|214||<May.9(Wed.) 4:30 PM> "How gold was produced in the universe?"||2018.05.02||99093|
|213||<10/8 (월)>물리학과 특별세미나 개최 안내||2012.10.05||99247|
|212||<9/1> 원자핵 자기공명(Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) 해설 - 원자선에서 영상까지||2010.08.30||99330|
|211||<5/3> APOLLO Program: Understanding Neutron-Rich Nuclei for r-Process Nucleosynthesis||2012.05.03||99751|
|210||<11/27> 중성자로 보는 작은 세상 속 큰 물리||2009.11.24||99870|
|209||<7월27일>Correlated topological phases in 3D complex oxides via Green's functions||2012.07.27||99912|
|208||<10/16> SPM Study of CVD Graphene on h-BN Film||2013.10.04||100001|
|207||2007학년도 2학기 콜로키엄 schedule 안내||2007.09.27||100051|
|206||<May.16(Wed.) 4:30 PM> Single crystal growth of metal film and metal oxide film on different substrates and their various applications||2018.05.09||100256|
|205||<10/9> Smearing effect of membrane in plane-wave matrix model||2009.10.05||100353|
|204||<5/16> superconformal index with line operators and domain walls||2012.05.14||100427|
|203||<11/19> From Schrödinger's cat to quantum technology using light||2010.11.11||100583|
|202||<4/19> Nuclear Reaction Theories||2011.04.14||100611|
|201||<7/14> Calculating the partition function of N=2 Gauge theories on $S^3$ and AdS/CFT correspondence||2011.07.12||100615|
|200||<6/18> A consistent truncation of D=11 supergravity to D=4, N=2 supergravity using wrapped M5-branes||2010.06.10||101163|
|199||<6/19> 초전도 특별세미나||2012.06.11||101323|