Home > 게시판 > 세미나
양자물질초전도연구실에서 로스알라모스 국립연구소의 Roman Movshovich 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 02. 08(Fri.) 11:00
○ Place: Creative Room on 7th Floor of Samsung Library
○ Speaker: Dr. Roman Movshovich (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5
○ Abstract: CeCoIn5 is a heavy fermion superconductor with superconducting transition temperature Tc = 2.3 K and superconducting critical field Hc2 = 12 Tesla when the field is applied in the a-b plane of this tetragonal material. Specific heat measurements revealed an anomaly that carved out a novel high field superconducting (HFSC) phase, possibly a long sought after spatially inhomogeneous Fulde-Ferrel-Larkin-Ovchinnikov (FFLO) state. Further NMR and neutron scattering measurements revealed a magnetic spin density wave (SDW) order stabilized in the HFSC phase, and therefore relying on the present d-wave superconductivity for its existence. Recent neutron scattering measurements  indicated that the SDW order in the HFSC phase is single-domain. The ordering wave-vector Q switches abruptly when magnetic field is rotated through the anti-nodal  direction, with Q choosing the direction (node) more perpendicular to the magnetic field. Inspired by these results, we performed thermal conductivity measurements in rotating magnetic field. The sample, polished with a long axis in the  direction of the tetragonal CeCoIn5, nodal for its dx2-y2 order parameter, was mounted with c-axis parallel to the horizontal axis of rotation of a piezo-electric rotator. Q in our experiment, therefore, switched from being parallel to perpendicular to the direction of the heat current. The sign of the change in thermal conductivity upon switching of Q provide a clear evidence for a third order, in addition to SC d-wave and SDW. We identify it as a p-wave pair density wave (PDW), intertwined with two others in the HFSC phase . Further measurements of the Nd-doped CeCoIn5 indicate that the phenomena of p-wave PDW in the presence of d-wave superconductivity and SDW order may be a general phenomenon. 
 Duk Y. Kim, Shi-Zeng Lin, Franziska Weickert, Michel Kenzelmann, Eric D. Bauer, Filip Ronning, J. D. Thompson, and Roman Movshovich (2016) Phys. Rev. X 6: 041059.
 S. Gerber, M. Bartkowiak, J. L. Gavilano, E. Ressouche, N. Egetenmeyer, C. Niedermayer, A. D. Bianchi, R. Movshovich, E. D. Bauer, J. D. Thompson, and M. Kenzelmann (2004) Nat. Phys. 10: 126.
 Duk Y. Kim, et al., Phys. Rev. B 97, 245120 (2018)
|공지||2021학년도 2학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2021.07.01||61770|
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||786308|
|586||<June.5(Wed.)> Fluid gravity duality||2019.05.29||39787|
|585||<Mar.21(Wed.) 4:30 PM>깊은 땅속 중성미자 실험, DUNE||2018.03.14||39852|
|584||<Mar.3(Wed.)>Scaling laws in Natural Language Processing||2021.02.25||39857|
|583||<3/11(Mon) 10:30 am ~ >Probing Dark Matter at LIGO and Beyond||2019.03.04||39873|
|582||<Dec.6(Wed.) 4:30 PM> 실험핵천체물리학: 과거와 미래(Experimental Nuclear Astrophysics: Past and Future)||2017.11.29||39940|
|581||<May.23(Wed.) 4:30 PM> 한국 희귀동위원소과학 프로젝트(Rare Isotope Science Project in Korea)||2018.05.16||39957|
|580||<May.2(Wed.) 4:30 PM> Machine learning and statistical physics||2018.04.23||39974|
|579||<April.11(Wed.) 4:30 PM>History of Superconductivity and its Future||2018.04.04||40002|
|578||<12/17(Tue.)> Nuclear spectroscopy with low energy reaction thermal neutrons in ILL||2019.12.17||40128|
|577||<Nov.29(Wed.) 4:30 PM> The Intensity Frontier Experiment & SHiP||2017.11.22||40274|
|576||<Nov.21(Wed.) 4:30 PM> 핵물리학과 RAON||2018.11.15||40331|
|575||<May.22(Wed.)> Introduction to exotic quantum states in solids||2019.05.15||40398|
|574||<Nov. 1(Wed.) 4:30 PM> 광자와 이온트랩을 이용한 양자 정보처리||2017.10.25||40721|
|573||<Sep. 20(Wed.) 4:30 PM> 양자이론에 대한 `서울해석` 시도하기||2017.09.13||40796|
|572||<8/23(Thu.) 2:00pm>What will we do with near-term quantum computers?||2018.08.17||40810|
|571||<12/6(Fri.)>topological phase transitions in Kitaev quantum spin liquids.||2019.12.04||40814|
|»||<2/8(Fri) 11:0 am ~ >Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5||2019.02.08||40997|
|569||<11/6(Tue.) 3:00pm>The Surprising Solar Gamma-ray Emission from Cosmic-Ray Interactions||2018.11.03||40999|
|568||<Sep. 6(Wed.) 4:30 PM> Particles in the Universe||2017.09.01||41003|
|567||<2/8(Fri) 2:00pm ~ > 5d SCFTs and Type IIB 5-brane webs||2019.02.01||41014|