Home > 게시판 > 세미나
고체전자구조계산 연구실에서 홍콩과기원 물리학과의 조교붕 교수님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 08. 19(Mon) 14:00
○ Place: 제1과학관 e+첨단강의실(31214호)
○ Speaker: 조 규 붕 교수님 (물리학과, 홍콩과기원)
○ Title: Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator
○ Abstract: An atomic quantum simulator with ultracold atoms enables us to precisely design, characterize and understand various quantum materials on demand. In this talk, I will introduce the recent progress on the experimental realization of topological matter using ultracold atoms, and discuss a few pedagogical topological models. In particular, I will demonstrate two sets of experiments recently performed at HKUST. First, I will describe the observation of symmetry-protected topological (SPT) phases realized in 1D optical lattices . The observed SPT phase is beyond the Altland-Zirnbauer ten-fold classification, and protected by mirror and a generalized chiral symmetry that can be manipulated in an optical lattice with Raman-induced spin-orbit coupling, with its topology being detected by the spin polarization of Bloch states at highly symmetric points of the Brillouin zone. Secondly, I will discuss the realization of 3D topological band by generalizing the spin-orbit coupling realized in 1D . Despite the significant progresses, the observation of topological band beyond 2D has remained challenging due to the experimental complexity. We developed a novel way to probe 3D band structure in the presence of emergent magnetic group symmetry. This symmetry allows for effectively reconstructing the 3D topological band from a series of measurements of integrated spin textures. As a result, we demonstrate that 3D topological band structure with gapless nodal-lines are realized in simple optical lattice potentials with spin-orbit coupling. Interestingly, the spin dynamics after the quantum quench from the trivial to topological band reflects the intrinsic band topology of the post-quench Hamiltonian, which will be discussed in details for both 1D  and 3D  topological bands.
 Bo Song, Long Zhang, Chengdong He, Ting Fung Jeffrey Poon, Elnur Hajiyev, Shanchao Zhang, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of symmetry-protected topological band with ultracold fermions” Science Advances 4, eaao4748 (2018)
 Bo Song, Chengdong He, Sen Niu, Long Zhang, Zejian Ren, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of nodal-line semimetal with ultracold fermions in an optical lattice”
Nature Physics, in press (2019).
|공지||2022학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2022.01.10||3567|
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||817271|
|568||<Oct. 18(Wed.) 4:30 PM> AlGaN/GaN HEMT 센서플랫폼 (KANCSensGaNTM) 기술 소개||2017.10.11||43550|
|567||<Oct. 11(Wed.) 4:30 PM> Graphene Membrane for Imaging Molecular Assembly and Dynamics||2017.09.27||43556|
|566||<8/21(Mon.)10:30>Non-Gaussianity as a Particle Detector||2017.08.17||43624|
|565||<May.22(Wed.)> Introduction to exotic quantum states in solids||2019.05.15||43712|
|564||<Sept.11(Wed.)> Fantastic physics and materials, how to find them?||2019.09.06||43987|
|563||<2/8(Fri) 11:0 am ~ >Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5||2019.02.08||44338|
|562||<11/23(Fri.) 11:00am>Barrier-bound States in Flat-band Systems||2018.11.19||44417|
|561||<May.9(Wed.) 4:30 PM> "How gold was produced in the universe?"||2018.05.02||44569|
|560||<9/17(Tue) 4:00 pm ~ >Dynamics of multiple-Q spin textures and its effect on electronic state||2019.09.10||44580|
|559||<Mar.20(Wed.)> Connecting Thermoelectricity and Superconductivity by Pressure Bridge||2019.03.13||44823|
|558||<8/2(Thu.) 2:00pm>Status of multifractional theories||2018.07.24||44867|
|557||<April.4(Wed.) 4:30 PM>From Static to Dynamic Multiferroics||2018.03.29||44885|
|556||<Dec.13(Wed.) 4:30 PM>기본에 충실하고 새로움에 도전한다 - 자율주행자동차의 핵심 기술들 –||2017.12.07||45216|
|555||<3/2(Fri.)11:00>Evolving magnetic interactions near a Kondo breakdown||2018.02.27||45265|
|554||<4/5(Wed.) 18:00pm> 저에너지 가속기의 활용||2017.04.05||45348|
|553||<12/6(Fri.)>topological phase transitions in Kitaev quantum spin liquids.||2019.12.04||45641|
|552||<6/11(Mon.)3:30pm> Spontaneous Leptogenesis in Continuum-Clockwork Axion Models||2018.06.08||45682|
|551||<5/16(Thu.) 14:00 ~ >The Chiral anomaly without Landau levels||2019.05.08||45827|
|550||<June 7(Wed.) 4:30 PM> 물리학으로 보는 인간과 사회||2017.05.31||45977|
|549||<10/22(Tue.)>To p or not to p? – 17O NMR of Sr2RuO4 under strain||2019.10.17||46111|