Home > 게시판 > 세미나
에피 산화물연구실에서 Los Alamos National Laboratory의 강경태 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2021. 1. 14 (Thu.) 10:00
○ Speaker: 강 경 태 박사님 (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Oxygen sponge effects for epitaxial manganite thin film design
○ Abstract: Ever since the development of high-temperature superconducting thin films, pulsed laser deposition (PLD) has played a central role in realizing high-quality complex oxides. In complex oxide thin films, heterostructure, and nanocomposites, the PLD has been widely utilized for various properties such as ferroelectricity, magnetism. Among the PLD parameters, background oxygen gas and oxide target have been known as the primary oxygen sources to determine the oxygen amount within oxides. So, most conventional oxide films are deposited in the relatively high oxygen partial pressure (50~250 mTorr). Meanwhile, some oxide heterostructures require low oxygen partial pressure, and herein the oxygen vacancies are hardly removed due to the entanglement with the cation off-stoichiometry. In turn, it is extensively demanded to develop a parameter of controlling the oxygen content regardless of the growth pressure, by which enough oxygen can be supply to films for full oxidation even in the low oxygen pressure growth.
Here, we propose the oxygen sponge effect's hypothesis in controlling the oxygen content within the films by using the La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 system . The pre-substrate-annealing (PSA) helps the oxide substrate serve as an oxygen sponge, providing an oxygen-rich or oxygen-poor environment for the film growth. During the PSA, the substrate is heated up in a given oxygen partial pressure right before the film deposition. Moreover, depending on the PSA conditions, the remarkable changes in oxygen content, structure, and functionalities in the as-grown oxide films emerge. The substrate oxygen sponge effect, with the large oxygen concentration gradient at high temperatures, can be applied for emergent interfacial phenomena and the growth of functional oxide thin films and nanocomposites.
 K. T. Kang et al., Appl. Phys. Lett. 117, 151601 (2020).
○ 온라인으로 진행되는 Webniar(Web+Seminar)이며, Webex meetings 프로그램을 통해 진행됩니다.
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1079406|
|685||2019학년도 2학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2019.07.17||426816|
|684||<12/3> Magnetic couplings, optical spectra, and spin-orbit exciton in 5d Mott insulator Sr2IrO4||2012.11.26||405139|
|683||<Mar.3(Wed.)>Scaling laws in Natural Language Processing||2021.02.25||345414|
|682||2017학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2017.01.05||308125|
|681||<10/25> Wave properties of dipole-exchange spin waves in confined magnetic thin films||2006.10.25||296832|
|680||<5/16> 물리학자가 바라 본 단백질: 왜, 어떻게 연구하는가?||2012.05.10||269853|
|679||<6/11> Advanced Physiological Optics and Its Ophthalmic Applications||2014.05.28||259673|
|678||2020학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2020.01.31||254714|
|677||BK 석학초청 특별세미나 - Frustration and dimensional reduction in multi-orbital systems||2011.10.28||253108|
|676||<3/14>Adaptive Optics for the Human Eye and Ophthalmic Applications||2008.03.12||248716|
|675||<6/17> Oscillating Fuzzy Sphere and M5/anti M5 configurations in ABJM model||2009.06.16||247824|
|674||<12/21> Special Seminar by Professor Ilya Vekhter||2010.11.30||244864|
|673||<8/30(Wed.)10:30>Technology convergence and applications of Large-Area Electronics, e-Textiles, bio-sensors and bio-electronics||2017.08.29||244657|
|672||<11/6> Graphene plasmon and Plasmonics||2013.10.31||240821|
|671||<June.12(Wed.)> Ribocomputing: Cellular Logic Computation using RNA Devices||2019.06.07||238518|
|»||<Jan.14(Thu.)>Oxygen sponge effects for epitaxial manganite thin film design||2021.01.11||236530|
|669||<11/5(화)> 특별세미나 개최 안내||2013.11.01||230338|
|668||<5/16(토)> 세미나 개최 안내||2015.05.18||217472|
|667||<Sep. 23(Wed.) 4:30 PM>Grain boundary effect in Metal : A journey of discovery from crystal to thin films without grain boundaries||2015.09.16||209300|