Home > 게시판 > 세미나
양자물질초전도연구실에서 로스알라모스 국립연구소의 Roman Movshovich 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 02. 08(Fri.) 11:00
○ Place: Creative Room on 7th Floor of Samsung Library
○ Speaker: Dr. Roman Movshovich (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5
○ Abstract: CeCoIn5 is a heavy fermion superconductor with superconducting transition temperature Tc = 2.3 K and superconducting critical field Hc2 = 12 Tesla when the field is applied in the a-b plane of this tetragonal material. Specific heat measurements revealed an anomaly that carved out a novel high field superconducting (HFSC) phase, possibly a long sought after spatially inhomogeneous Fulde-Ferrel-Larkin-Ovchinnikov (FFLO) state. Further NMR and neutron scattering measurements revealed a magnetic spin density wave (SDW) order stabilized in the HFSC phase, and therefore relying on the present d-wave superconductivity for its existence. Recent neutron scattering measurements  indicated that the SDW order in the HFSC phase is single-domain. The ordering wave-vector Q switches abruptly when magnetic field is rotated through the anti-nodal  direction, with Q choosing the direction (node) more perpendicular to the magnetic field. Inspired by these results, we performed thermal conductivity measurements in rotating magnetic field. The sample, polished with a long axis in the  direction of the tetragonal CeCoIn5, nodal for its dx2-y2 order parameter, was mounted with c-axis parallel to the horizontal axis of rotation of a piezo-electric rotator. Q in our experiment, therefore, switched from being parallel to perpendicular to the direction of the heat current. The sign of the change in thermal conductivity upon switching of Q provide a clear evidence for a third order, in addition to SC d-wave and SDW. We identify it as a p-wave pair density wave (PDW), intertwined with two others in the HFSC phase . Further measurements of the Nd-doped CeCoIn5 indicate that the phenomena of p-wave PDW in the presence of d-wave superconductivity and SDW order may be a general phenomenon. 
 Duk Y. Kim, Shi-Zeng Lin, Franziska Weickert, Michel Kenzelmann, Eric D. Bauer, Filip Ronning, J. D. Thompson, and Roman Movshovich (2016) Phys. Rev. X 6: 041059.
 S. Gerber, M. Bartkowiak, J. L. Gavilano, E. Ressouche, N. Egetenmeyer, C. Niedermayer, A. D. Bianchi, R. Movshovich, E. D. Bauer, J. D. Thompson, and M. Kenzelmann (2004) Nat. Phys. 10: 126.
 Duk Y. Kim, et al., Phys. Rev. B 97, 245120 (2018)
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1079506|
|425||<Oct.30(Wed.)> 왼손과 오른손, 기본 입자와 끈||2019.10.24||90162|
|424||<4/16>같은 곳을 바라보는 다른 시선||2010.04.09||90139|
|423||2015학년도 2학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2015.08.06||90075|
|422||<1/14>Dark Matter signals from PAMELA and ATIC||2009.01.12||90049|
|421||<3/12> Where, when and how atomic nuclei were cooked in universe?||2014.03.07||89865|
|420||<6/9> Status and Prospects of Big Science in Korea||2006.06.05||89745|
|419||<2/15> Perturbation during Inflation||2011.02.11||89709|
|418||<4/3>Enhanced emission rate from a single quantum well using surface plasmon||2009.03.31||89646|
|417||<4/30> Characterization of Molecular Transistors and Organic Memory Devices||2010.04.15||89634|
|416||<11/23> How statistical physics contributes to Internet world: perspectives, methods and applications||2011.11.15||89299|
|415||<6/19> Kohn's theorem and non-relativistic symmetry||2012.06.15||89155|
|414||콜로퀴움 강연 일정표||2006.02.21||89120|
|413||<6/21> Nuclear Astrophysics in Effective Field Theories||2012.06.20||89026|
|412||<3/26>A perturbative & non-perturbative test of ABJM model||2009.03.19||89018|
|411||<7/21> Next generation cryogenic free 1.5T MgB2-magnet based MRI||2010.07.20||88994|
|410||<7월27일>Correlated topological phases in 3D complex oxides via Green's functions||2012.07.27||88969|
|409||<11/4 오전 10:30> Quantum transport through topological-metal strip||2013.10.23||88592|
|408||<10/17> The Interface Induced Magnetism||2012.10.11||88464|
|407||<7/8> 신물질 고온초전도 초청강연||2009.06.26||88377|