Home > 게시판 > 세미나
에피 산화물연구실에서 Los Alamos National Laboratory의 강경태 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2021. 1. 14 (Thu.) 10:00
○ Speaker: 강 경 태 박사님 (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Oxygen sponge effects for epitaxial manganite thin film design
○ Abstract: Ever since the development of high-temperature superconducting thin films, pulsed laser deposition (PLD) has played a central role in realizing high-quality complex oxides. In complex oxide thin films, heterostructure, and nanocomposites, the PLD has been widely utilized for various properties such as ferroelectricity, magnetism. Among the PLD parameters, background oxygen gas and oxide target have been known as the primary oxygen sources to determine the oxygen amount within oxides. So, most conventional oxide films are deposited in the relatively high oxygen partial pressure (50~250 mTorr). Meanwhile, some oxide heterostructures require low oxygen partial pressure, and herein the oxygen vacancies are hardly removed due to the entanglement with the cation off-stoichiometry. In turn, it is extensively demanded to develop a parameter of controlling the oxygen content regardless of the growth pressure, by which enough oxygen can be supply to films for full oxidation even in the low oxygen pressure growth.
Here, we propose the oxygen sponge effect's hypothesis in controlling the oxygen content within the films by using the La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 system . The pre-substrate-annealing (PSA) helps the oxide substrate serve as an oxygen sponge, providing an oxygen-rich or oxygen-poor environment for the film growth. During the PSA, the substrate is heated up in a given oxygen partial pressure right before the film deposition. Moreover, depending on the PSA conditions, the remarkable changes in oxygen content, structure, and functionalities in the as-grown oxide films emerge. The substrate oxygen sponge effect, with the large oxygen concentration gradient at high temperatures, can be applied for emergent interfacial phenomena and the growth of functional oxide thin films and nanocomposites.
 K. T. Kang et al., Appl. Phys. Lett. 117, 151601 (2020).
○ 온라인으로 진행되는 Webniar(Web+Seminar)이며, Webex meetings 프로그램을 통해 진행됩니다.
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||1056132|
|662||<Dec. 1(Wed.)>Halide Perovskite Single Crystals and Thin Films for Solar Cells and Optoelectronics||2021.11.25||189559|
|661||<9/20> Time-reversal anomaly in Josephson effect involving Majorana fermions||2012.09.20||189349|
|660||<11/26(수)> Neutrino Physics with KamLAND||2014.11.20||187210|
|659||<11/21> Cosmological viable scalar-tensor theories of gravity||2012.11.16||177856|
|658||<Nov. 18(Wed.) 4:30 PM> Single-molecule chemistry and spectroscopy on ultrathin insulating films||2015.11.11||177497|
|657||<Oct. 7(Wed.) 4:30 PM> Observing Ultra High Energy Cosmic Rays with your Smartphone||2015.10.02||176111|
|656||<12/20(Thu) 2:00pm> Gravitating Spinning Stars (a particle theorist's perspective)||2018.12.17||176055|
|655||<May. 25(Wed.) 4:30 PM> Functional Materials @ Nanoscale: Electronics, Energy and ‘Green’Healthcare Applications||2016.05.23||174396|
|654||<12/4> Shining light on the dark Universe||2013.11.29||174025|
|653||<10/31> Large-Scale Quantitative Analysis of Painting Arts||2012.10.18||171127|
|652||<Nov. 16(Wed.) 4:30 PM> Two-dimensional Chiral Materials and Topological Insulators||2016.11.10||168627|
|651||<4/2> Radio Detection of Ultra High Energy Cosmic Rays and Neutrinos in Antarctica||2014.03.26||165920|
|650||<3/13> Probing hidden magnetism and quantum criticality in unconventional superconductors||2009.03.06||162676|
|649||<4/18> 삼중항 여기자를 이용한 유기광전소자 연구||2012.04.05||160067|
|648||<Feb.18(Thu.)> Hund's metallicity in the vicinity of a Van Hove singularity / Correlated topological phases in strongly correlated heterostructures||2021.02.16||159155|
|647||<6/2> The black hole search at the LHC: critical comment||2011.06.01||158369|
|646||<11/7> On-Film Formation of Bi Nanowires with Extraordinary Electron Mobility||2008.11.03||157758|
|645||<8/20> Radioprotection effect and anti-tumor immunity by TCM-EF in mice||2013.08.21||155574|
|644||2020학년도 2학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2020.07.16||154968|
|643||<Dec.5(Wed.)> 두 펄사 이야기||2018.11.28||154941|