Home > 게시판 > 세미나
양자물질초전도연구실에서 로스알라모스 국립연구소의 Roman Movshovich 박사님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 02. 08(Fri.) 11:00
○ Place: Creative Room on 7th Floor of Samsung Library
○ Speaker: Dr. Roman Movshovich (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
○ Title: Intertwined states in the pure and Nd-doped heavy fermion superconductor CeCoIn5
○ Abstract: CeCoIn5 is a heavy fermion superconductor with superconducting transition temperature Tc = 2.3 K and superconducting critical field Hc2 = 12 Tesla when the field is applied in the a-b plane of this tetragonal material. Specific heat measurements revealed an anomaly that carved out a novel high field superconducting (HFSC) phase, possibly a long sought after spatially inhomogeneous Fulde-Ferrel-Larkin-Ovchinnikov (FFLO) state. Further NMR and neutron scattering measurements revealed a magnetic spin density wave (SDW) order stabilized in the HFSC phase, and therefore relying on the present d-wave superconductivity for its existence. Recent neutron scattering measurements  indicated that the SDW order in the HFSC phase is single-domain. The ordering wave-vector Q switches abruptly when magnetic field is rotated through the anti-nodal  direction, with Q choosing the direction (node) more perpendicular to the magnetic field. Inspired by these results, we performed thermal conductivity measurements in rotating magnetic field. The sample, polished with a long axis in the  direction of the tetragonal CeCoIn5, nodal for its dx2-y2 order parameter, was mounted with c-axis parallel to the horizontal axis of rotation of a piezo-electric rotator. Q in our experiment, therefore, switched from being parallel to perpendicular to the direction of the heat current. The sign of the change in thermal conductivity upon switching of Q provide a clear evidence for a third order, in addition to SC d-wave and SDW. We identify it as a p-wave pair density wave (PDW), intertwined with two others in the HFSC phase . Further measurements of the Nd-doped CeCoIn5 indicate that the phenomena of p-wave PDW in the presence of d-wave superconductivity and SDW order may be a general phenomenon. 
 Duk Y. Kim, Shi-Zeng Lin, Franziska Weickert, Michel Kenzelmann, Eric D. Bauer, Filip Ronning, J. D. Thompson, and Roman Movshovich (2016) Phys. Rev. X 6: 041059.
 S. Gerber, M. Bartkowiak, J. L. Gavilano, E. Ressouche, N. Egetenmeyer, C. Niedermayer, A. D. Bianchi, R. Movshovich, E. D. Bauer, J. D. Thompson, and M. Kenzelmann (2004) Nat. Phys. 10: 126.
 Duk Y. Kim, et al., Phys. Rev. B 97, 245120 (2018)
|공지||2022학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2022.01.10||2219|
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||813500|
|588||<3/16> Inelastic X-ray Scattering: past, present, and the future||2011.03.10||81381|
|587||<2/14> An inverse voter model for co-evolutionary networks: stationary efficiency||2011.02.11||81178|
|586||<10/10> Spin transistor : Detection and manipulation of spin transport in semiconductor||2012.09.27||81036|
|585||<5/8>Recent trend of thin film battery||2009.05.06||80941|
|584||<4/11> 방사광 연 X선을 이용한 미시적 물성 연구||2008.04.07||80851|
|583||<2/15> Geometric distance-dependent percolations in networks on two-dimensional planes||2011.02.11||80808|
|582||<10/8 (월)>물리학과 특별세미나 개최 안내||2012.10.05||80648|
|581||<5/1> Entanglement and topological order in 1D and 2D systems||2013.04.18||80587|
|580||<5/28> The hunt for high energy neutrinos with IceCube - more evidence for their astrophysical origin||2014.05.22||80537|
|579||<5/23> Nanotechnology in Korea: Present Status and Perspective||2008.05.21||80434|
|578||<11/16> Study of carrier transport and charging effects in organic devices||2011.11.10||80378|
|577||<11/21> Cosmological viable scalar-tensor theories of gravity||2012.11.16||80297|
|576||<4/16>같은 곳을 바라보는 다른 시선||2010.04.09||80253|
|575||<2/16>Development of Micromegas detectors for neutron physics||2010.02.01||80210|
|574||<4/28> Generalised cosmological scaling solutions in braneworld and their duality properties||2006.04.24||80169|
|573||<6/18> Multiferroics: Magnetism-driven Ferroelectricity||2009.05.27||80145|
|572||<10/15> Electric control of magnetic nanostructures via spin torque||2010.10.08||80137|
|571||<5/11> Hybrid Josephson Junctions of Various Nanostructures||2011.05.04||80058|
|570||<3/12> Nano Structure of wide Band Gap Semiconductors||2010.03.08||79957|
|569||<9/26> Organic Polymers as Nuclear Radiation Sensors||2012.09.20||79902|