Home > 게시판 > 세미나
고체전자구조계산 연구실에서 홍콩과기원 물리학과의 조교붕 교수님을 초청하여 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
학과 구성원 여러분의 많은 참석을 부탁 드립니다.
○ Date/time: 2019. 08. 19(Mon) 14:00
○ Place: 제1과학관 e+첨단강의실(31214호)
○ Speaker: 조 규 붕 교수님 (물리학과, 홍콩과기원)
○ Title: Exploring topological matter in an atomic quantum simulator
○ Abstract: An atomic quantum simulator with ultracold atoms enables us to precisely design, characterize and understand various quantum materials on demand. In this talk, I will introduce the recent progress on the experimental realization of topological matter using ultracold atoms, and discuss a few pedagogical topological models. In particular, I will demonstrate two sets of experiments recently performed at HKUST. First, I will describe the observation of symmetry-protected topological (SPT) phases realized in 1D optical lattices . The observed SPT phase is beyond the Altland-Zirnbauer ten-fold classification, and protected by mirror and a generalized chiral symmetry that can be manipulated in an optical lattice with Raman-induced spin-orbit coupling, with its topology being detected by the spin polarization of Bloch states at highly symmetric points of the Brillouin zone. Secondly, I will discuss the realization of 3D topological band by generalizing the spin-orbit coupling realized in 1D . Despite the significant progresses, the observation of topological band beyond 2D has remained challenging due to the experimental complexity. We developed a novel way to probe 3D band structure in the presence of emergent magnetic group symmetry. This symmetry allows for effectively reconstructing the 3D topological band from a series of measurements of integrated spin textures. As a result, we demonstrate that 3D topological band structure with gapless nodal-lines are realized in simple optical lattice potentials with spin-orbit coupling. Interestingly, the spin dynamics after the quantum quench from the trivial to topological band reflects the intrinsic band topology of the post-quench Hamiltonian, which will be discussed in details for both 1D  and 3D  topological bands.
 Bo Song, Long Zhang, Chengdong He, Ting Fung Jeffrey Poon, Elnur Hajiyev, Shanchao Zhang, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of symmetry-protected topological band with ultracold fermions” Science Advances 4, eaao4748 (2018)
 Bo Song, Chengdong He, Sen Niu, Long Zhang, Zejian Ren, Xiong-Jun Liu and Gyu-Boong Jo “Observation of nodal-line semimetal with ultracold fermions in an optical lattice”
Nature Physics, in press (2019).
|공지||2022학년도 1학기 콜로퀴움 일정||2022.01.10||797|
|공지||<12/8(Thu.) 11:00am>노벨상 소개 강연 - 2016년 노벨 물리학상: 위상 응집 물리의 탄생||2016.11.28||812769|
|587||<3/9> Understanding the Nature of Metal-Insulator Transition in a Single Crystalline VO2 nanowires||2011.03.04||81325|
|586||<2/14> An inverse voter model for co-evolutionary networks: stationary efficiency||2011.02.11||81084|
|585||<5/8>Recent trend of thin film battery||2009.05.06||80889|
|584||<10/10> Spin transistor : Detection and manipulation of spin transport in semiconductor||2012.09.27||80835|
|583||<4/11> 방사광 연 X선을 이용한 미시적 물성 연구||2008.04.07||80767|
|582||<2/15> Geometric distance-dependent percolations in networks on two-dimensional planes||2011.02.11||80764|
|581||<10/8 (월)>물리학과 특별세미나 개최 안내||2012.10.05||80452|
|580||<5/28> The hunt for high energy neutrinos with IceCube - more evidence for their astrophysical origin||2014.05.22||80421|
|579||<5/1> Entanglement and topological order in 1D and 2D systems||2013.04.18||80392|
|578||<11/16> Study of carrier transport and charging effects in organic devices||2011.11.10||80254|
|577||<5/23> Nanotechnology in Korea: Present Status and Perspective||2008.05.21||80234|
|576||<4/16>같은 곳을 바라보는 다른 시선||2010.04.09||80201|
|575||<11/21> Cosmological viable scalar-tensor theories of gravity||2012.11.16||80198|
|574||<2/16>Development of Micromegas detectors for neutron physics||2010.02.01||80107|
|573||<4/28> Generalised cosmological scaling solutions in braneworld and their duality properties||2006.04.24||80102|
|572||<6/18> Multiferroics: Magnetism-driven Ferroelectricity||2009.05.27||80028|
|571||<10/15> Electric control of magnetic nanostructures via spin torque||2010.10.08||79968|
|570||<5/11> Hybrid Josephson Junctions of Various Nanostructures||2011.05.04||79952|
|569||<3/12> Nano Structure of wide Band Gap Semiconductors||2010.03.08||79879|
|568||<9/26> Organic Polymers as Nuclear Radiation Sensors||2012.09.20||79697|